Social Analytics ABC Internship – Burbank, CA – Summer 2020
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 746343BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Feb. 06, 2020
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this by utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
At Walt Disney Television, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills.
The Walt Disney Television’s Social Analytics team tracks fan-driven and network-driven activity on social media to deliver insights that will inform programming, marketing, product, and sales strategies across the organization.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
The Social Analytics Intern will collect and analyze social media data related to key Walt Disney Television series through the use of social listening and analytics tools. The intern will help identify trends and craft insights that inform important programming and marketing decisions.
- Social media savvy with proven competency across social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Superior written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data and reporting on the results
- A curious nature and a strong interest in the television industry
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- A relationship builder who excels in a collaborative environment
- Proactive and able to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in entrainment news and pop culture news
- Familiarity with ABC and Freeform television series and talent
- Previous internship experience in related research and/or social analytics field
- Experience using social listening or other text analytics tools
- Experience crafting Boolean search queries
- Experience with social media analytics
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior (or recently graduated) with a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Research, Business, or other related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from May-August 2020. Must be able to work 40 hours a week.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at the time of online application.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program
About Walt Disney Television:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Television, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.