Software Engineer II - Web Services
Burbank, California, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 780774BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 31, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
DMED is an equal opportunity employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
Our Client Engineering team is looking for a qualified Java and Go software engineer to design and implement web services to support our online direct-to-consumer media and content native applications. Applicants need to be highly motivated and ready to build and maintain systems that are part of a successful commercial product. This position will be responsible for the entire software lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment, and live-site support.
- Design, implement, and support web services related to online media and content experiences
- Provide operational support for pre-production and production environments.
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to triage when faced with competing priorities
- Resolve defects, support testing efforts, and deploy production code on a frequent basis
- Occasional on-call status and minimal travel
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with demonstrable experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Java, Kotlin and scripting languages
- Demonstrated proficiency with automated testing techniques
- 2+ years of full software development lifecycle experience
- 2+ years of Web development and internet technology experience
- Experience developing and integrating with RESTful APIs
- Experience running and maintaining API services in a high-throughput, high-availability environment
- Experience with standard Java build tools (Maven, Gradle)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) managed services or equivalent
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix issues in coordination with mobile client developers
- Ability to write optimized code, and to introduce optimizations to existing code bases
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, visual)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Go
- Mobile application industry experience
- Able to conduct capacity planning and load testing
- Experience building or integrating with mobile clients (iOS/Android)
- Experience with Spring framework and Spring MVC
- Experience with Redis, Memcached, HAProxy, Varnish
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery platforms (TeamCity, Jenkins, SonarQube)
- Experience with AWS Serverless architectures (Lambda, API Gateway)
- Strong problem solving and bug fixing skill
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.