Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 693127BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 14/08/2019
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
This role is part of the Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) organization. Our mission is to provide business technology solutions for the enterprise that empower growth, and enhance value across brands, geographies and organizations.
The HCM (Human Capital Management) & Corporate Functions Business Technology group is part of the EBS organization. We are responsible for advancing the Business and Enterprise Technology Strategy by creating shareholder value. We lead with a Business Architecture framework and own the core HCM, Legal, Tax, Real Estate, Brand Management, Supply Chain Logistics and Compliance functions domain technology roadmap.
Responsibilities:The Software Engineer is a technologist with an in-depth understanding of the business application technologies used to support a business value chain.
Business Value Chains Include:
- Treasury – Cash Management, Real Estate
- Corporate Security
- Requires knowledge and experience of the technologies used in support of a particular value chain. This includes a variety of XaaS software solutions and integration.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business strategies, opportunities and trends to improve products or services
- Solves a range of straightforward problems and analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Determines available solutions within established architectures and standards to meet business requirements.
- Design, development, integration and implementation of complex software systems with new and existing technologies
- Develops specifications and writes code
- Presents technical issues, solutions and project status to senior and executive * Serves as escalation point for technical problems and maintenance
- Contributes to architectural direction for assigned pieces and develops
- Develops high-level/low-level engineering designs with minimal oversight
- Continuously learning to maintain technologies and skillsets required to support projects within the value chain * Identifies and solves complex and difficult problems
- Determines methods for own work and leads in semi-complex assignments
Execution Skills: Domain and technical expertise will be essential, as will be accomplished delivery in a matrixed environment of internal and external partners, and suppliers. Equally comfortable interacting with architects and developers Knowledge of the enterprise technology landscape and ability to leverage that knowledge in delivering business outcomes with speed. An understanding of the Solutions Architecture principles and can proceed through review boards and other SA activities.
- Experience in successfully delivering enterprise software projects for their allocated value chain.
- A track record of execution--driving results and meeting commitments.
- Experience with development practices leveraging and partnering with vendor partners and resources
- Experience with agile software development and full SDLC * Experience with Solutions Architecture practice and methodologies
- Experience in Tier 3 engineering support for live services
- Experience with security and compliance and secure coding practices
- Experience of producing testing programs and output that is automated
- Participation in formal change management processes
- Detail oriented
- High emotional intelligence
- Negotiating and consensus building abilities
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.