Solution Architect, HCM
Burbank, California, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 864297BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 29, 2021
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from streaming, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
We are responsible for advancing the Business and Enterprise Technology Strategy by creating shareholder value. We lead with a Business Architecture framework and own Human Capital Management (HCM) function domain technology roadmap.
Specifically this role will be responsible as a solution architect for:
- Core HR
- Talent Solution
- Talent Acquisition
- Learning Management
- Core Benefits
Responsibilities:The Architect will:
- Use Solution Architect principles to design highly effective solutions to satisfy business outcomes and requirements.
- Ensure that solutions are fit for purpose, secure, scalable, future proofed and cost-effective.
- Design and document architecture at multiple levels (high level to detailed) and across multiple views (conceptual, logical, physical, data flow and sequence diagrams).
- Collaborate closely with other architects and peers across the organization to leverage knowledge, other solutions, and best practice.
- Perform third-party vendor assessments.
- Lead proof of concept exercises.
- Keep up to date with industry and market place evolution; continuously keeping abreast of new developments in technology relevant to the value chains supported.
Basic Qualifications:Leadership Skills:
- A self-starter, who can effectively navigate a complex organizational structure, managing teams through influence and direct line management.
- Establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrix environment with other departments, groups and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced. Comfortable leading without necessarily having the overt authority to do so.
- A person that can decide and act without having the total picture and is comfortable handling risk and uncertainty.
- With a proven track record of execution, the candidate must be able to deliver the technical solutions by defining a clear vision of desired outcomes tied to business needs.
- Deep technical and significant HCM expertise will be essential, as will be accomplished leadership in a matrixed environment of internal and external partners, and suppliers.
- Dives deep into the details and is experienced in managing multiple medium to large scale initiatives.
- Equally comfortable with executives, manager-level stakeholders, other architects and developers -this is a hands-on position with regards to people and detail.
- Extensive knowledge of the enterprise technology landscape and ability to leverage that knowledge in delivering business outcomes with speed.
- A de facto expert in the discipline of Solution Architecture who can effectively lead review boards and other SA activities.
- Extensive experience as an Architect for Workday is essential.
- 5+ years’ Workday technical skills (PECI, Studio, Core Connecter, Web Services API, EIB).
- 5+ years’ experience developing Workday Integrations with internal and external consumers.
- Workday consultant or client pro-certified: Workday Studio/Advanced Integrations
- Background in and strong understanding of broad HR systems architecture and data flow
- Extensive knowledge of best-practice business process and technologies for HR functions, focusing on Architecture and Integration to legacy based systems
- Deep knowledge of Workday HCM: the business processes, security frameworks, and advanced reporting
- Experience defining HR systems strategy: designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
- Understand complexities and nuances with Workday reporting, especially involving different organizational hierarchies within Workday
- A strong business orientation combined with strong IT technical skills.
- Previous experience in managing both direct and indirect teams.
- Proven ability to manage complex vendor, supplier, and sub-contractor relationships.
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well-communicated expectations.
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Proven delivery application portfolios inclusive of XaaS technologies and on-prem solutions.
- Preferred experience with automation technologies; Work Fusion and other RPA/ML technologies.
- Wide experience with a variety of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies across waterfall and agile
- Exemplary communications skills
- Thought leader in new/emerging technology and its application in business
- 10 years as an architect role in a Corporate environment of a similar size/complexity
- Demonstrable deep experience of the HCM
- Experience with working with (a majority of) our portfolio of applications for the value chains relevant to the post
- For emphasis, Expert Solution Architecture practitioner assumed
- Workday Reporting
- Workday HCM
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.