Solution Architect, Production Innovation
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 714367BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 29/10/2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Studios is comprised of large team of creative professionals who produce and acquire live-action and animated motion pictures, direct-to-video content, musical recordings and live stage plays that tell memorable, life-changing stories. Few media and entertainment companies can rival the brands we have the honor of bringing to the world.
As part of the Studio Technology team you’ll be joining a group of seasoned, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in creative and innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry.
We are looking for an experienced cinematic production solution architect who wants to help shape the next generation of production technology and to help drive innovation across our creative pipelines.
- Participate in early discussions with innovation partners on the ground floor of new or emerging technology within the film, video and content production pipelines
- Be a subject matter expert on the product development cycle, comfortable leading technical discussions
- Evaluate new and complementary technologies to round out a complete solution as defined by innovation and production leadership
- Work with the innovation teams to build early proof of concepts with emerging technology, through to prototypes and pilot-phase development platforms or solutions.
- Work with innovation leads and teams of developers to create roadmaps that articulate and plan the features and stages that are necessary to further develop successfully piloted projects into full-fledged operational products
- Be familiar with software license types and the processes necessary to utilize open-source/licensed software while building new software/services
- Define and evangelize technology solution strategy and products to internal and external customer and partners
- 8 years of technology experience in the film/television/content generation industry
- Technological “Jill or Jack of All Trades”. Needs to be able to work with various technologies to rapidly develop proof-of-concepts, often utilizing various APIs and SDKs.
- Full stack technical architect with understanding of hardware, software and networking stacks.
- Be able to shift between product and engineering responsibilities with comfort and ease
- Be able to communicate opinions on early prototypes effectively and constructively, and in an inclusive and positive way
- Self-starter, can navigate a complex organizational structure to get what they need to accomplish the task: this is essential.
- Be comfortable with change: this is essential.
- Be able to work independently or with an Agile Scrum team depending on the project
- Good problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills
- Experience with film/television production workflows/systems such as Avid, Davinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere, Clipster
- Experience developing in cloud infrastructure (Azure preferred, AWS or Google Cloud equally valuable)
- Experience with Photogrammetry software (Agisoft or AliceVision)
- Experience with aspects of implementation, troubleshooting, storage, virtualization, automation, back-up, DR, etc.
- Familiarity with Dell EMC products (Isilon) and HPE ML 350 or similar
- Experience developing cross-platform software (Windows, Mac OS, Linux)
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Electrical Engineering
- Advanced degree in the field (or directly related field) preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.