Already applied?View Dashboard
Sourcing Specialist, Corp ServicesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 687414BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 13, 2019
The Sourcing Specialist will be part of an Enterprise Sourcing team responsible for Sourcing & Procurement activities related to Global Security, Crisis Management, and various 3rd party operational services with a focus on client management, supplier management, and category development in support of the business units and/or Segment. This individual will be accountable for partnering with various stakeholders and supporting sourcing initiatives that achieve value without compromising business strategy and performance.
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Participate in cross-functional sourcing projects with key internal stakeholders
- Evaluate vendors, firms and other consultants based on pre-determined selection criteria
- Develop and lead RFI/RFP’s process for various goods and professional services, in accordance with TWDC policy and procedures.
- Analyze bids based on total cost/supply to identify opportunities to achieve optimal value
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following pre-defined Strategic Sourcing methodology
- Prepare and execute contracts as well as perform post-award administration (e.g. negotiating, issuing change orders, contract closeouts)
- Understand and assist in the development and execution of performance management programs with suppliers that focus on quality, responsiveness and cost
- Ensure compliance with Sourcing policies and best practices
- Communicate and report to management the status of any critical external relationships that could affect planning and decision-making
- Analyze marketing industry trends and conditions that affect internal stakeholders and external suppliers and/or pricing
- Up to 2 years’ experience in a Strategic Sourcing environment
- Ability to analyze complex processes and lead workgroups to help resolve problem areas
- Demonstrated capacity to influence future clients at all levels in the organization
- Excellent communicator able to demonstrate communicating effectively with senior management
- High-energy, self-motivated with a desire to excel in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Strong negotiation skills
- Sourcing & Procurement processes and best practices
- Sourcing tools and programs
- Basic legal terms & conditions
- BA/BS degree required
- BA/BS degree required, Specialization in Business, Supply Chain Management or other quantitative discipline preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.