Sourcing Specialist – Design and Construction (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 968186BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Enterprise Services Sourcing team supports the Corporate Real Estates’ Design & Construction and Facilities Services Teams located in Burbank, CA and New York, NY and other internal Business Units. The Team partners with the Corporate Real Estate Teams, in strategy development, competitive bidding, supplier selection, contract negotiation, contract administration and ongoing supplier relationship management.
The Sourcing Specialist will be a part of a team responsible for the Sourcing & Procurement activities related to construction projects and construction services, with a focus on client, category, and supplier management.
Responsibilities:The Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic sourcing fee and contractual arrangements through competitive bids and contract negotiations. This individual should have a proven proficiency with all aspects of the sourcing process for construction and related services, and should have experience with contracts for professional services, lump sum construction agreements, guaranteed maximum cost agreements, facility maintenance and services agreements, lease and rental agreements and procurement of goods and services. Other responsibilities include:
- Participate and lead cross-functional sourcing projects with key internal stakeholders.
- Evaluate suppliers and consultants based on pre-determined selection criteria.
- Analyze historical data to provide baseline to support savings and cost avoidance.
- Lead RFI/RFP’s process for construction and professional services in accordance with TWDC policy and procedures.
- Analyze bids based on total cost/supply to identify opportunities to achieve optimal value.
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiation strategies utilizing Strategic Sourcing methodology.
- Prepare and execute contracts as well as perform post-award administration.
- Understand and assist in the development and execution of performance management programs with suppliers that focus on quality, responsiveness and cost.
- Ensure compliance with Sourcing and Procurement policies and best practices.
- Communicate and report to management the status of any critical external relationships that could affect planning and decision-making.
- Analyze market industry trends and conditions that affect internal stakeholders and external suppliers and/or pricing.
- Collaborate with other sourcing teams to consolidate efforts when bidding same categories.
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices.
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances.
- Issue internal reports to Management and Stakeholders related to department spend and savings initiatives.
- Advocate the utilization of Women, Minority and Veteran Owned Business Enterprises, per Disney’s WMVBE policy.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business or other quantitative discipline
- 3-5 years design/construction-related experience in the strategic sourcing disciplines
- Knowledge of Sourcing & Procurement processes, basic legal terms and conditions, and entertainment industry trends and conditions.
- Experience in drafting and executing design, construction, service, and professional agreements as well as change orders.
- Established experience working with legal department on matters concerning boilerplate revisions to terms and conditions.
- Ability to interact with and establish relationships with employees at all level
- Strong strategic agility
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Internal customer focus
- Ability/desire to work in diverse environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to work with and adapt to company systems, such as SAP and Ariba along with a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- 2-3 year contract/project hire
Additional Information:This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.