Sourcing Specialist, Production/Post Production Services - EpisodicApply NowApply Later Job ID 784150BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 23, 2021
The Disney Media Entertainment & Distribution (DMED) Sourcing team collaborates with production, post production, and production and broadcast technology professionals within the Disney General Entertainment (DGE) and DMED segments and across The Walt Disney Company to maximize the value of our investments in the production areas by assessing opportunities, staying abreast of market and industry trends, crafting deals that deliver value, and improving the way we do business with our vendor partners. The DMED Sourcing team is responsible for developing sourcing strategies for the Episodic and Live Production, and Broadcast and Media Engineering categories, and frequently partners with other Category and Segment Sourcing teams.
The (DMED) Sourcing team is part of the Enterprise Sourcing organization. The Enterprise Sourcing organization is responsible for directly supporting the Sourcing and Procurement needs of the business Segments and developing and executing Category Management strategies.
The Sourcing Specialist role will be accountable for supporting a wide variety of the Episodic Production Category initiatives and global spend primarily for products and services for series production and post production. The Sourcing Specialist will help to build strong internal and external stakeholder relationships, support projects and negotiations, help extract additional value from supplier relationships, and contribute to category strategy.
This position will ensure consistency in approach, quality and depth of analysis during the sourcing process.
- Participate in cross-functional sourcing projects with key internal stakeholders
- Evaluate vendors, firms and other consultants based on pre-determined selection criteria
- Develop and lead RFI/RFP’s process for various goods and professional services, in accordance with TWDC policy and procedures.
- Analyze bids based on total cost/supply to identify opportunities to achieve optimal value
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following pre-defined Strategic Sourcing methodology
- Prepare and execute contracts as well as perform post-award administration (e.g. negotiating, issuing change orders, and contract closeouts.)
- Understand and assist in the execution of performance management programs with suppliers that focus on quality, responsiveness and cost
- Ensure compliance with Sourcing and Procurement policies and best practices
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of vendor and spend analytics, creation of vendor profiles, and other relevant sourcing documents
- Analyze marketing industry trends and conditions that affect internal stakeholders and external suppliers and/or pricing
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Participate in the development and execution of category strategies
- 1-3+ years of strategic sourcing experience and experience working in relevant production, post production
- Strong analytical/project skills, capable of leading and managing an array of initiatives from project initiation thru final presentation
- Ability to analyze a situation, and develop coherent insights and strategies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Deliverable-focused, with strong work ethic
- Knowledge of Sourcing and Procurement processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with SAP or other ERP
- High-energy, self-motivated with a desire to excel in a multi stakeholder environment
- Experience in a Media and Entertainment Industry
- Experience in a Production/Post Production environment
- Experience implementing projects against category plans
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA or Master’s Degree in another quantitative discipline
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.