Sourcing Specialist- Project HireApply NowApply Later Job ID 963333BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted May 16, 2022
The Studio Sourcing & Strategy team is seeking a creative, passionate, and marketing-savvy individual to lead and contribute to sourcing initiatives that support Studio Marketing and ensure we are getting best-in-class quality, reliability, security, and value from our vendors and agencies. This is an exciting opportunity to partner with the creative, AV, digital, promotions, publicity, research, and print teams who are responsible for marketing motion pictures released under the Disney Live Action, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight banners.
In this role, you will be expected to provide key insights on marketing vendors and categories, develop long-term vendor strategies, negotiate agreements, and drive synergies across common Studio vendors and workflows. This position reports to Sr. Manager, Sourcing & Strategy.
This is projected to be a 2 year assignment.
- Support sourcing projects through the following:
- Vendor, category, and industry research
- Current and projected spend analysis
- Workflow and process analysis
- Bid and proposed term analysis
- Negotiation strategy, development, and execution
- Contract negotiation and review
- Project management of sourcing-related activities
- Build relationships with stakeholders to facilitate on-going and potential initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships at vendor partners to ensure mutual understanding of strategies and organizational priorities, and ensure value of agreements is realized by both parties
- Maintain a high-level of understanding of on-going trends across the marketplace in order to provide insights about vendor expectations and competition for vendor resources
- Support ad hoc projects across the broader Marketing, Operations, and Production teams, as needed
- 3-5 years related experience in entertainment marketing, strategic sourcing, and/or project management disciplines; entertainment industry experience preferred
- Experience in fact-based negotiations or equivalent contract analysis experience. Should be able to:
- Analyze deal terms and understand operational and financial implications of executing the terms of the arrangement
- Develop negotiation plan to achieve desired business outcome
- Work collaboratively and interactively with Legal, Finance, and Business Unit stakeholders throughout negotiation process
- Document final agreement with a package of a signed contract and communication plan to stakeholders
- Familiarity with motion picture marketing processes and vendors
- Self-motivated individual
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Highly professional and customer-service oriented
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with cast members and third party partners at all levels
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Bachelor's Degree
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.