Space & Occupancy Management AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 994128BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 08, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Space & Occupancy Management is an integral part of TWDC’s Corporate Real Estate team and is responsible for the management, tracking and planning of space and occupancy for approximately 11 million square feet of space across multiple domestic hubs. The Analyst, Space & Occupancy Management will be based out of TWDC’s Burbank office and will manage space utilization and track occupancy of TWDC’s domestic hubs, with a particular focus on the West Coast. This role will also interface and collaborate closely with the US East team in New York City, as well as in-house partners including Portfolio Management, Design & Delivery, Operations, and FP&A in order to develop and implement real estate solutions while aligning with Corporate’s space standards and TWDC’s workplace strategies. Additionally, the Analyst, Space & Occupancy Management will perform various ad hoc real estate initiatives and functions as part of the overall Global Portfolio Management & Transactions team.
Responsibilities:As the Analyst, Space & Occupancy Management you will:
- Maintain CRE drawing and occupancy data for US West space to ensure accuracy and integrity of data, identify improvement opportunities for data collection & management and respond to space-related inquiries from TWDC stakeholders on an suitable and timely manner
- Conduct floor/space audits to track occupancy and occupancy data using AutoCAD Integrator and Tririga, TWDC’s CAFM system
- Collaborate with internal partners to track, assemble and reconcile space & occupancy data
- Develop & maintain Business Unit relationships to assist as a point of contact for CRE and assist with developing space requirements and strategy
- Collaborate with the Corporate Real Estate Manager and other team members to assist with various space planning requests including internal restacks
- Collaborate with Account Management, CRE Operations, Design & Delivery, FP&A and Portfolio Management to ensure constant information exchange
- Responsible for occupancy reporting including bi-annual cost allocations, AOP planning and other ad hoc requests
- Educate stakeholders on TWDC’s space standards, policies and protocols
- Gather, assemble and document real estate requests and initiate projects
- Follow up on critical date information/timelines
- Produce project kick-off forms requiring strong writing skills and a thorough understanding of the request and justification for projects to ensure alignment between portfolio strategies and business objectives
- Support Portfolio Management and Transaction Management, as needed; assist with developing stack plans, dashboards and other reporting
- Maintain knowledge of the group’s critical applications and actively participate in any system upgrades and/or enhancements
- Expertise in use of AutoCAD/CAFM and space planning and management
- Knowledge of corporate real estate or facilities/operations business processes
- Experience with industry standard databases used in a corporate real estate or facilities setting, particularly Tririga and Excel
- Ability to:
- Self-start, prioritize, and multi-task
- Identify solutions, problem solve, and think critically
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Manage confidential information
- Present work in a professional and thorough manner
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to analyze data and make recommendations
- Consultative skills, including the ability to build relationships with clients, partners and peers
- 4-year degree with studies in Design, Architecture, Real Estate or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.