Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Space & Occupancy Management Intern, Corporate - Summer/Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 518270BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 02/06/2018
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
This internship will provide the successful applicant with exposure to the Space & Occupancy Management group. The Space & Occupancy Management group tracks the space and occupancy of The Walt Disney Company’s corporate pooled space, with a focus on campus hubs as well as other regional locations worldwide. The group utilizes DCRE’s Integrated Work Management System (Tririga) to accurately allocate pooled costs against occupied square footage and ensures that all TWDC F&S pooled space information is continuously updated to depict actual occupancy.
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
The intern will work closely with the Senior Manager of Portfolio Management, as well as the analysts and cast members within the department. Efforts will focus on an initiative to update and normalize space-related data in Tririga, Excel and other systems, as well as drawings, using AutoCAD and Tririga AutoCAD Integrator. Responsibilities may include:
- Auditing and updating of poly-lines and space related data in AutoCAD Integrator
- Assisting with the execution of a dynamic plan for cleaning, re-structuring and maintaining space data
- Gathering requirements
- Compiling and synthesize documentation
- Making updates to the system(s)
- Auditing and track changes
- Developing presentations – current state, future state, policies, procedures and decisions, etc.
- Creating and updating Stack Plans for TWDC occupied buildings
- Walking spaces to validate actual representations and update floor plans, as required, to reflect existing conditions.
- Supporting Space & Occupancy Management group by interfacing with DCRE’s business systems, applications, key users, stakeholders and partners
- Populating, updating, and reconciling various databases, particularly in Tririga and Excel, based on input from stakeholders
Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- High proficiency in AutoCAD; some experience with Excel and other databases preferred
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to identify solutions and think pro-actively
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present work in a professional and thorough manner
- Enthusiastic attitude
- Experience in Tririga Space Management module a plus
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Pursuing a degree in Design, Architecture, Engineering or closely related field.
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, an equal opportunity employer.
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 30-40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Burbank area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age