Specialist-Digital Strategy & Social Media (DGE)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 871631BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business ABC Entertainment Date posted Oct. 12, 2021
The Specialist, Digital Strategy & Social Media works with the Manager, Digital Strategy & Social Media to create and maintain best-of-breed digital campaigns for the ABC Entertainment Marketing team. The Specialist supports the Digital Strategy Manager on priority shows, ensuring the paid and organic strategy is properly executed and managing day-to-day tasks. Additionally, the Specialist has the opportunity to manage their own campaigns, proactively setting the strategy, working with Executive Producers and internal stakeholders to ensure alignment, and managing the internal and external resources necessary to execute. The Specialist will work extensively on building social media profiles across all platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and others. Responsibilities on these platforms include content sourcing and creation, working with on-set resources for content capture, maintaining editorial calendars, and other duties as assigned. Candidate should be a creative, ambitious multi-tasker who can stay ahead of industry trends. The right candidate will demonstrate the ability to work in both a team setting and as a highly motivated individual, have strong prioritization skills, and impeccable attention to detail.
- Execution of social media strategy across social platforms for designated shows
- Plan, implement, and analyze paid media campaigns across social and digital platforms, working closely with the network’s media agency
- Maintain a deep level of understanding on all assigned shows in order to effectively foster brand awareness and show affinity
- Supports show campaigns by watching shows, attending meetings, suggesting ideas, writing copy for social media posts, working with talent, and collaborating with Digital Creative Managers
- Working with Digital Strategy Manager to set digital and social strategy for assigned shows, determining the tone and style of social engagement and maintaining editorial calendars
- Reads scripts weeks before an episode airs to come up with content ideas for digital creative and on-set resources
- QA content and social posts before and after posting
- Works closely with talent to provide assets, answer questions, and guide them for paid media and social media needs
- Actively examine, interpret, and report on social conversations to guide the engagement strategy
- Ideate innovative ways to promote ABC shows, brainstorming with production partners, strategy, on-air, synergy, publicity, sales, and more
- Track best-practices, engaging tactics, and competitive analysis, and update the team on an ongoing basis
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in digital media and/or social media
- Experience building social media profiles across all platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and others
- Strong copywriter
- Stays on top of social media trends
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with exceptional sense of accountability
- Strong prioritization and organization skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Local to LA/Burbank
- Experience with social media scheduling and reporting tools
- Passionate about television and/or entertainment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About ABC Entertainment:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Entertainment.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.