Sr Analyst, Business Affairs (Project)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 764580BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Aug. 25, 2020
This is a 18 month Project Staff position with benefits.
- Support the Business Affairs team with content acquisition and distribution deal negotiations
- Draft and redline term sheets and other legal agreements
- Track standard language and positions with respect to corporate policies and parameters (e.g., standard language for term-sheets, bundling, reporting etc.), and content security and utility parameters (e.g., policies on number of streams, devices, nPVR, temporary downloading, etc.)
- Track key deal terms across domestic markets (e.g., MFNs, usage rules, expirations, rights of first refusal, etc.)
- Summarize legal agreements on an ad hoc basis for deal analysis team, Burbank senior management, audits, finance
- Assist with guild and participation audits
- Experience negotiating content license agreements required.
- Requires proven ability to work and collaborate across various functional divisions.
- Experience developing and enforcing content licensing strategies and policies preferred.
- Prior experience with rights management databases preferred.
- Prior experience with Salesforce preferred.
- J.D. or paralegal certificate (or equivalent), and 2+ years of experience in legal and/or business affairs at a Major Studio, preferably in content distribution.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.