Sr. Analyst, Consumer Insights (DBT)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 866391BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Sep. 28, 2021
The Disney Branded Television (DBT) Content Insights team sits within DGE’s Content Insights, Analytics and Scheduling group and works in a consultative manner with Senior Executives as well as Content, Strategy, and Marketing Leaders to deliver content and brand insights that inspire creative development and inform kids and family content strategy. Our role is to elevate the voice of the consumer, and provide a deep 360 understanding of their content needs.
DBT Content Insights is seeking a Senior Analyst to work across our portfolio for linear and streaming platforms. The Senior Analyst will be joining a best-in-class team that is forward-thinking, innovative, and engaged in helping understand the evolving entertainment landscape. Working across premiere brands and content including Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars, the Senior Analyst will be responsible for a variety of projects with a strong focus on content research. The Senior Analyst will report to the Executive Director, Consumer Insights and support the team across a range of projects including brand health tracking, marketing testing, concept testing, and broader content studies.
- Assist in preparation, fieldwork, and execution of qualitative and quantitative research studies:
- Focus Groups: Attend online focus groups (often in evenings), assist with creation of stimulus, manage logistics and coordination with vendors and internal teams, handle client needs, take notes, summarize findings
- Quantitative studies: Write and review questionnaires, test survey links, review data/tabs, clean and code open-ended data as needed, summarize relevant data into stories, format slides/reports, and support on large-scale quantitative tracking studies and ad hoc studies
- Project management: Maintain project timelines and deliverables, prepare materials, and manage project logistics independently or with team lead
- Present to all levels of management, comfortable interacting with executives and senior leaders
- Provide insights into topics impacting our audience, including current content landscape and viewing behavior trends
- Support internal ad-hoc requests and business questions by analyzing a variety of data sets and communicating key insights
- Perform other related tasks and/or special projects as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years’ of experience supporting / conducting primary research projects – both qualitative and quantitative at a media/entertainment company, advertising agency, research supplier or brand consultancy
- Self-starter with passion, energy, and enthusiasm to impact the future of content
- Confident presence – strong communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Respectful, friendly and approachable with a positive outlook and attitude
- Exceptional organization, time management, and project management skills
- Dedication to delivering the highest quality work, unflagging attention to detail
- Flexible and will embrace new assignments with a can-do attitude as priorities change
- Collaborative, able to work across a variety of teams and establish strong relationships
- Skilled at data visualization and creating impactful presentations and deliverables
- Advanced computer skills; Keynote and SPSS experience a plus
- Experience with entertainment research and research with preschoolers/kids/tweens/teens/parents a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required, degree preferably in the fields of Marketing, Communications, Economics, Psychology, Social Sciences or related fields a plus
- Degrees in the fields of Marketing, Communications, Economics, Psychology, Social Sciences or related is a plus
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.