Sr. Analyst, Ratings ForecastingApply NowApply Later Job ID 851756BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Sep. 10, 2021
Responsibilities:DMED Research - Entertainment is looking for a Senior Analyst, Ratings Forecasting to join their Research team.
• Pull and track Nielsen linear and digital ratings for ABC and the competition across different Nielsen products in order to understand and forecast trends across the linear TV landscape
• Responsible for strategic forecasts for ABC Prime including AOP, LRP and in-season forecasts, along with greenlight requests
• 2-4 years of experience required working in a research department for a network or studio
• Enthusiasm and curiosity for solving problems and learning new technology, while maintaining superior attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to communicate and work closely and present to key executives of the business, including finance, sales and scheduling
• Ability to work independently on projects; strong analytic and presentation skills, with a desire to learn new software
• Strong verbal and written communication. Ability to communicate complex ideas, stories, and data sets graphically and verbally
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and ad hoc requests
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Desire to explore and evaluate new measurement tools across both the linear and digital landscape
• An advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
Preferred Qualifications:• The ideal candidate would have knowledge and understanding of TV and an expert understanding of Nielsen software
• Prior experience in linear, on demand and online research with a broadcast or cable network
• Deep knowledge of media and television businesses, including digital platforms (Online/VOD)
• Knowledge of Tableau is a plus
Required Education• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent work experience
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.