Sr Analyst, Sales Strat, Plng & Analytics (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10019509 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 20, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
The Walt Disney Company’s Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing highly personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
The Account Planning team is part of the DMED segment, and is responsible for distribution of TWDC filmed & TV content in-home, both physically and digitally. This includes Disney Live Action, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, Disneynature, 20th, Searchlight, 20th TV, ABC, and Disney Channel.
The Sr. Analyst, Sales Strategy, Planning and Analytics, manages the everyday assortment, promotions and overall sales for multiple accounts across physical and digital distribution. This client facing position drives results through account management and data analytics to meet the goals for the home entertainment transactional business. Home entertainment includes over 4,100 Titles and 13,700 SKUs, managing a P&L of $350M+ net contribution. The account planning team is responsible for ~ 49 accounts (22 digital, 27 physical) and 500 physical TPRs at the account level and 2,100 digital TPRs at the account level.
- Collaborates with sales team to prepare modular and promotional pitches to retailers/clients that tactically drive placement and profitability
- Create, update and publish monthly account specific POS reporting
- Manage and execute Catalog resets, planogram maintenance and store related issues
- Work in tandem with 3rd party resources to maintain accurate New Release and Promotional planners
- Using fact-based data, recommend and implement assortments for ads, promotional, cross lines of business and seasonal programs
- Builds strong partnerships with cross-functional teams to plan and manage account strategies, forecast profitability and to support strategic and operational decision-making
- Monitor competitive landscape and conduct analysis to identify category opportunities
- Deliver ad-hoc reports, special projects, and presentations for various internal stakeholders.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience using data to deliver strategic results, preferably in a Finance or Sales planning organization
- Strong collaborative approach with excellent interpersonal and project management skills
- Ability to work and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, results-oriented team environment
- Strong attention to detail without losing sight of broader objectives
- Expert knowledge of Excel, including data mining, modeling and advanced functions
- Experience with Microstrategy and Nielsen reporting tools
- Apply methods to collect, process, and analyze large volumes of data
- Entertainment industry experience
- Entertainment industry, Sales Planning with Mass account, and/or Digital client management experience strongly
- BA/BS degree, Business or Finance preferred or equivalent work experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.