Sr. Analyst, Strategic Insight & Integration – DMEDApply NowApply Later Job ID 781987BR Location Burbank, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 03, 2021
The Strategic Insight and Integration team sits within DMED’s Research, Insights and Analytics department. The Strategic Insight and Integration team works in a consultative manner across all aspects of DMED’s business portfolio, including Streaming/In-home, Studio distribution, Sports and General Entertainment (TV) to deliver complex ad hoc research and synthesize a wide array of data/insights to support decision making on strategic opportunities/challenges.
A Senior Analyst is responsible for performing analytics and helping the team shape insights for communicating our strategic recommendations to senior executives. As the key analytic resource on a wide variety of high profile projects, the Senior Analyst prepares the data that drives decision-making at the highest levels of DMED.
- Support ad hoc primary research/consumer insight projects to size/evaluate strategic business initiatives in collaboration with strategy teams and vertical specialists (Streaming/In-Home/Sports/TV/Ad Sales), e.g. Movie windowing strategy across theatrical, streaming, and in-home transaction windows.
- Conduct analyses in response to requests from strategy, finance and content planning & analysis teams to ensure consumer insights are effectively used and integrated into modelling and scenario planning.
- Gather and synthesize business performance data and consumer insights to support Director and VP in forming a thorough but succinct POV for initiatives that span DMED businesses and questions from Senior Management.
- 2/3+ years experience in a consulting, strategy, market research (focus on quant), consumer insights, or analytics role
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience creating slides/presentations in powerpoint that clearly communicate data/research learnings
- Strong project management skills and ability to execute quality work within tight deadlines
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Maturity, enthusiasm and ability to demonstrate a strong collaborative and consultative approach
- Entertainment industry experience helpful but not required
- Experience with consumer research (designing questionnaires and analyzing results) is desired but not necessary
- Experience using statistical software packages like SPSS or similar would be a plus but not necessary
- 1.5+ years’ experience in a consulting, strategy, market research (focus on quant), consumer insights, or analytics role
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.