Sr. Applications Operations Analyst
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 753254BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 17, 2020
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
This role is part of the Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) organization. Our mission is to provide business technology solutions for the enterprise that empower growth, and enhance value across brands, geographies and organizations.
The Application Support and Operations group is part of the EBS organization. We are responsible for excellence in operating business systems and processes in support of the enterprise. We lead with a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and automation.
Responsibilities:Within EBS, this role is accountable for the end-to-end processes supporting Enterprise Business Systems Transition to Operations sustainment activities including but not limited to:
- Develop transition documentation.
- Establish post-transition processes for documentation and evaluation.
The role will work within the EBS Application Operations Community that exists to drive consistency and excellence across the application management processes within EBS.
- The Sr. Application Operations Analysts responsibilities will include:
- Act as the subject matter expert for assigned area(s), working with clients and stakeholders to provide EBS process guidance while delivering continuous service improvement for EBS processes.
- Assist the Manager, Application Operations in developing and implementing the Operational Management multi-year strategy and roadmap.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of assigned areas(s)., (for example, application transition to operations, operational reporting, supplier SLA management, EBS services work intake form maintenance, training and process improvement)
- Effectively manage and improve the EBS systems, we need standardized and efficient processes that reduce risk and provides application health data for reporting.
- Perform on-going process optimization and rationalization, taking a “lean” approach to process management.
- Drive the adoption of agile development methodologies, focusing on improving the velocity and quality of delivered work through automated workflow.
- Deep ITIL ITSM expertise
- Experience working with outsourced vendors
- Experience working within an agile framework
- Very detail-oriented
- High emotional intelligence
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus-building abilities.
- Experience with service management toolset ServiceNow
- Experience with Cloud, SaaS, and vendor supported solutions processes
- Expertise in ServiceNow ITSM data model
- Exemplary communications skills
- Current understanding of new/emerging technology and its application in business
- 5-7 years in Corporate environment of a similar size/complexity
- 7+ years in process development/service management in support of an application development organization
- 5+ year’s demonstrable deep experience of the area relevant to the post, including functional expertise and complex problem solving
- The ideal candidate has industry expertise (for example, ITIL V4, Agile, LEAN IT, Kaizan, DevOps) as well as business and operational acumen to deliver application-focused process capabilities to EBS.
- A self-starter who can effectively navigate a complex organizational structure, achieving results through influence and collaboration.
- A change agent, willing to challenge the status quo to drive effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to establish effective manager and some executive-level relationships across the various business and technology executives within TWDC.
- Establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrix environment with other departments, groups and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced.
- Comfortable influencing to achieve desired outcomes.
- A person that can decide and act without having the total picture and is comfortable handling risk and uncertainty.
- Deep domain and technical expertise will be essential, as delivery will be accomplished in a matrixed environment of internal/external partners and suppliers.
- Equally comfortable with executives, manager-level stakeholders, architects, and developers; this is a hands-on position with regards to people and detail.
- Practical knowledge and applied experience related to development principles. A practitioner of the Operational Management principles and can effectively proceed through process design review boards and other operations activities.
- Build an effective EBS experience to make our users successful. Develop and implement methodologies and processes to improve quality and increase EBS team effectiveness.
- Standardize tools used to improve the efficiency of the operations and technical support and track compliance with standard operating procedures.
- 3 years working in a DevOps environment is preferred
- 3+ years working in agile software development is preferred
- Experience in robotic process automation is beneficial
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.