Sr. Business Analyst – (Product Owner, StudioONE)
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 788341BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 21, 2021
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Studios Collaboration Technology teams is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join the team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about creating best-in-class user-centric solutions and key capabilities that that can scale across Disney’s diverse portfolio of businesses, products and brands.
You will help build a roadmap that aligns with the long strategic vision set forth by The Walt Disney Studios’ Technology team. You will define, prioritize and deliver key features to build and/or optimize our products across all platforms including web, mobile and connected devices. You will build relationships with internal teams and work closely with the product leadership, stakeholders and other cross functional teams of experience designers, engineers, data analysts and tech-ops.
The candidate must be self-motivated and possess a strong data-driven mindset and have direct product management experience working on internal or consumer-facing products and mobile applications.
- Lead the product vision and strategy and translate it into actionable roadmaps, milestones, features and backlog of user stories.
- Partner with and clearly communicate to Engineering, Design, Business, and other Product teams to deliver engaging experiences/features for our products and platforms.
- Manage roadmap and maintenance of the alerts platform, working with editorial and engineering teams to deliver targeted and useful notifications to fans.
- Contribute to the roadmap definition and execute on the development of those features and improvements, through an agile software development lifecycle, across multiple platforms concurrently.
- Write and communicate product requirements effectively to developers, designers, and stakeholders.
- Help develop new products and business cases with measurable outcomes and actionable plans
- Collect and analyze data to understand behavioral patterns of our users and use that insight to improve the product(s)
- Monitor key performance indicators and derive insight from behavioral and transactional data to identify opportunities and recommend improvements to flows and experiences
- Balance the priorities of a diverse group of stakeholders, while still delivering high quality products in consistent releases.
- Provide transparency and recommendations on project trade-offs, understanding and coordinating dependencies across multiple teams with competing priorities.
- Facilitate the ideation and development of new features and functionality around our products.
- Translate strategy and product vision into project deliverables with launch targets.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a consumer-oriented digital media company
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge driving product development.
- Demonstrated proficiency in A|B testing, data analysis and analytical thinking, preferably with experience in Omniture, Localytics, Optimizely, or other similar tools.
- Experience managing product requirements and release deliverables in JIRA, in an agile product development lifecycle.
- Experience working with large, cross-functional development teams.
- High level of comfort communicating with executives inside and outside of The Walt Disney Studios, including strategic partners.
- High energy and capable of multi-tasking and context-switching with ease, in a fast-paced and ever-evolving organization.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work cross organizationally.
- Process-driven and extremely detail-oriented.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.