Sr. Business AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 933543BR Location Burbank, California, United States / Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 19, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
We are looking for strong analysts who are interested in driving and translating non-routine, complex data requests and articulating insights to solve key business problems and articulate performance and impact of contributing drivers. In addition to technical and analytical acumen (working with KPIs, investigating data trends, etc), the Executive Reporting and Intelligence team requires strong forensic problem-solving capability, attention to elucidating details across multiple teams and data sets, collaboration and visualization skills, and stakeholder management.
Responsibilities:Business Performance Reporting, Visualization:
- Primary partner for cross-functional stakeholders to understand when a metric is ahead or behind expectations, taking new perspectives on existing solutions
- Dig in to perform deep-dive analyses to better understand growth trends and business performance across regions, articulating meaningful, actionable insights that help the business performance improve
- Identify trends: Analyze and synthesize user behavioral data to identify anomalies, patterns, and uncover opportunities
- Create a common understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content
- Evaluate trade-offs in different approaches, and create targets for driving business performance
- Compile, synthesize, and presenting detailed analysis in appropriate format (memo, slides) to senior DMED segment executive audiences
- Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities (Finance, Marketing, Programming)
- Coordinate across multiple analytics teams (Subs, Churn, Engagement, Retention, Product, Content, Churn) for dataset creation, dashboard building, articulate requirements for custom queries, analyses - aggregate output into compelling singular narrative with stakeholder buy-in
- Product manage data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, testing platforms, data visualization, and data architecture.
- 3-5+ years of business analytical experience in a strategy or business operations role
- 1-2+ years of SQL
- Strong experience in documenting business requirements for data analytics
- High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, etc.
- Experience operating in an SDLC environment and deploying code
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills to QA, troubleshoot issues, analyze the cause, quickly come-up with the possible solution(s)
- Ability to evaluate risks and provide recommendations / solutions in rapid
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information
- Experience compiling, synthesizing, and presenting detailed analysis to executive audiences
- BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
- Experience in the streaming media industry or other subscription-based service
- Minimum two years of experience in technology industry, knowledge of data and product a plus
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.