Sr Business Systems Analyst
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 753530BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 10, 2020
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
This role is part of the Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) organization. Our mission is to provide business technology solutions for the enterprise that empower growth, and enhance value across brands, geographies and organizations.
The HCM (Human Capital Management) & Corporate Functions Business Technology group is part of the EBS organization. We are responsible for advancing the Business and Enterprise Technology Strategy by creating shareholder value. We lead with a Business Architecture framework and own the core HCM, Legal, Tax, Real Estate, Brand Management, Supply Chain Logistics and Compliance functions domain technology roadmap.
Responsibilities:The Senior Business Systems Analyst is a technologist with an in-depth understanding of the Product Integrity and Labor Standards specialty and has the ability to successfully collaborate cross functionally to drive the technology-enabled strategy and solutions.
This role will work within a BSA Community of Practice for Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) that exist to drive consistency and excellence of the BSA service across EBS.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst will:
- Elicit and document business capabilities, outcomes, and technology enabled requirements.
- Create project authorization deliverables including business case development, solution design, and financial proforma
- Develop technical specifications necessary to allow technical solution partners to implement a solution that satisfies the requirements and delivers the intended outcomes
- Test strategy definition and development, oversight of scripts development and quality assurance
- Participate in change management as required to allow initiatives to succeed
- Work within the process, standards and policies of the BSA CoP, helping the community to continually improve
- Work within the context of EBS’s emerging Business Architecture framework, while helping to develop and refine the framework with other members of the department
- Demonstrate a deep appreciation of new/emerging technology, and how it could be used to deliver business outcomes
- Demonstrate success in pursuing continuous improvement, always challenging the status quo
Basic Qualifications:Leadership Skills:
- A self-starter, who can effectively navigate a complex organizational structure, achieving results through influence and collaboration
- Ability to establish executive level relationships across the various business and technology executives within TWDC, from VP downwards
- Establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrix environment with other departments, groups and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced. Comfortable influencing to achieve desired outcomes
- A person that can decide and act without having the total picture and is comfortable handling risk and uncertainty
- Deep domain and technical expertise will be essential, as will be accomplished delivery in a matrixed environment of internal and external partners, and suppliers
- Equally comfortable with executives, manager-level stakeholders, architects and developers--this is a hands-on position with regards to people and detail
- Practical knowledge and applied experience related to Business Architecture principles
- Extensive knowledge of the enterprise technology landscape and ability to leverage that knowledge in delivering business outcomes with speed
- A practitioner of the Solutions Architecture principles and can effectively proceed through review boards and other SA activities
- 7 years’ experience with enterprise technology service design, implementation, and management of both SaaS and on premise products and platforms
- (Senior BSA) 8 years in a business partnering role in a Corporate environment of a similar size/complexity
- Demonstrable deep experience of the Value Chains relevant to the post, including defining strategies and delivering large projects that enabled them
- Experience with working with (a majority of) our portfolio of applications for the value chains relevant to the post
- Experience with GRC systems
- Experience with Trade Management solutions
- Experience with reporting and analysis tied to product and factory compliance
- Business and/or technology domain expertise in consumer product regulatory compliance
- Business and/or technology domain expertise in consumer factory compliance, audit management, and labor standards
- Deep Business System Analysis expertise, working within a Community of Practice/Center of Excellence
- Experience of participating in the full range of testing activities (including but not limited to: functional testing, load/performance testing, user acceptance testing, integration testing)
- Participation in formal change management processes
- Experience of working within a Business Architecture framework
- Business acumen, with deep expertise in the allocated domain(s) as well as strong skills in the technology that supports the domain(s)
- Business Architecture framework expertise (such as the BizBok)
- Experience of Solution Architecture principles
- Formal Business Architecture qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.