Sr Business Systems Analyst
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 915321BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
Job Summary:The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
This role is part of the Core Systems & Platforms organization. Our mission is to provide business technology solutions for the enterprise that empower growth, and enhance value across brands, geographies and organizations. We are responsible for advancing the Business and Enterprise Technology Strategy by creating shareholder value. We’re looking for someone with strong collaboration skills to develop in-depth understanding of legal, antipiracy, trademark management, and global ethical compliance business domains. You will partner cross functionally to drive the technology-enabled strategy and solutions. This role will work within a BSA Community of Practice for Enterprise Technology that exist to drive consistency and excellence of the BSA service.
- Elicit and document business capabilities, outcomes, and technology enabled requirements.
- Collaborates closely with partners across the organization including business partners, architects and other delivery managers
- Builds strong relationships with and manages large and diverse groups of stakeholders at multiple levels, from end users to executives, across the enterprise
- Map current and future business processes.
- Create project authorization deliverables including business case development, solution design, and financial proforma.
- Develop technical specifications necessary to allow technical solution partners to implement a solution that satisfies the requirements and delivers the intended outcomes.
- Test strategy definition and development, oversight of scripts development and quality assurance.
- Participate in change management as required to allow initiatives to succeed
- Work within the process, standards and policies of the BSA CoP, helping the community to continually improve
- Work within the context of an emerging Business Architecture framework, while helping to develop and refine the framework with other members of the department
- Demonstrate a deep appreciation of new/emerging technology, and how it could be used to deliver business outcomes.
- Demonstrated success in pursuing continuous improvement, always challenging the status quo
- (Senior BSA) 8 years in a business partnering role in a Corporate environment of a similar size/complexity
- Demonstrable deep experience of the value chains/business domains relevant to the post, including defining strategies and delivering large projects that enabled them
- Experience with working with (a majority of) our portfolio of applications for the value chains relevant to the post
- Experience with Legal or Compliance systems, such as Diligent, Navex, Service Now, Kroll, NetDocuments, Workshare, Legal Tracker, Snowflake, Onit, Recommind, LawLogix, Anaqua
- Business Architecture framework expertise (such as the BizBok)
- Experience of Solution Architecture principles
- Formal Business Architecture qualifications
- Deep Business System Analysis expertise, working within a Community of Practice/Center of Excellence
- Experience in technology solutions such as Diligent, Navex, Service Now, Kroll, NetDocuments, Workshare, Legal Tracker, Snowflake, Onit, Recommind, LawLogix, Anaqua, Tableau, Salesforce, Quickbase
- Experience of participating in the full range of testing activities (including but not limited to: functional testing, load/performance testing, user acceptance testing, integration testing)
- Deep understanding of Business Architecture principles
- Preferred experience with RFP, RFI and vendor negotiations.
- Exemplary communications skills and ability to use storytelling and artifacts.
- Participation in formal change management processes
- Experience of working within a Business Architecture framework
- Business acumen, with deep expertise in the allocated domain(s) as well as strong skills in the technology that supports the domain(s)
- Very detail oriented
- High emotional intelligence
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Preferred experience with automation technologies; Work Fusion and other RPA/ML technologies.
- Wide experience with a variety of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies across waterfall and agile
- Current understanding of new/emerging technology and its application in business
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
Additional Information:Leadership Skills:
- A person that can decide and act without having the total picture and is comfortable handling risk and uncertainty.
- A self-starter, who can effectively navigate a complex organizational structure, achieving results through influence and collaboration.
- Ability to establish executive level relationships across the various business and technology executives within TWDC, from VP downwards.
- Establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrix environment with other departments, groups and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced. Comfortable influencing to achieve desired outcomes.
- Deep domain and technical expertise will be essential, as will be accomplished delivery in a matrixed environment of internal and external partners, and suppliers.
- Equally comfortable with executives, manager-level stakeholders, architects and developers--this is a hands-on position with regards to people and detail.
- Practical knowledge and applied experience related to Business Architecture principles
- Extensive knowledge of the enterprise technology landscape and ability to leverage that knowledge in delivering business outcomes with speed.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.