Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Contract Analyst (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 646047BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios,Disney Music Group Date posted Mar. 11, 2019
Job Summary:Disney Music Group is home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing, Buena Vista Records, and Disney Concerts. The labels’ genre-spanning rosters include (Grammy-nominated) Demi Lovato, Queen (in the U.S.), Sofia Carson, ZZ Ward, In Real Life, Ocean Park Standoff, Breaking Benjamin, Bea Miller, Sabrina Carpenter, Joywave, Olivia Holt, morgxn, Tini Stoessel, Dreamers, New Hope Club, BOBI, DCappella, American Idol winner Maddie Poppe, JD McCrary, and more. DMG also releases family music and film and television soundtracks such as the chart-topping “Guardians of the Galaxy” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Descendants,” Oscar-winning “Coco” and “Moana” soundtracks, and the Oscar- and Grammy-winning “Frozen” soundtrack. DMG has a rich catalog with a lasting legacy that has impacted pop culture globally, including music from films like “Snow White,” “Pinocchio,” “Aladdin,” “Star Wars,” and “The Lion King,” artists like Annette Funicello, and beloved classics like “It’s A Small World.” Disney Concerts licenses and produces hundreds of shows around the world, including Star Wars in Concert, Disney On Classic, Beauty And The Beast, Soy Luna and many more.
The Music Royalties department is responsible for the calculation, payment, and reporting of music royalties to artists and publishers for the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels. The team ensures that quarterly reportings are accurate, and are distributed and paid in accordance with contractual terms. The Artist Royalties area of the Music Royalties department requires understanding of complex legal contracts, and whose accounting is for worldwide sales of audio and video products released by the Disney Music Group. The department processes over 10,000 statements annually.
- Set-up complex royalty rates based on the artist/producer contractual obligations
- Adhere to contractual obligations through the review and accurate Interpretation of complex recording agreements
- Mitigate audit liability through the pre-emptive review of artist and participant agreements and previously reported statement accountings
- Global accounting on all revenue streams and configurations
- Impact business Finance decisions by ensuring accuracy of royalty expense and activity through precise rate structures
- Process and review royalty statements; identify and resolve outstanding issues
- Liaise with Business Affairs, Artist & Repertoire Administration and other internal stakeholders to ensure that the full scope of royalty-bearing participants are properly accounted to
- Collaborate with Studio Controllership accounting group to ensure accurate sales data is processed through the royalty system
- Partner with internal and external auditors to ensure complete information is available for audit review
- Reconcile artist/producer recoupable costs to the General Ledger, i.e. artist/producer advances, Marketing Costs, Recording Costs etc.
- Establish an environment of continuous improvement to identify, develop and implement process changes to increase efficiency
- Minimum 5 years of in-depth knowledge of artist/producer royalty accounting
- Have a detailed knowledge of artist/producer music royalties
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to apply logic and finance principles to solve complex problems from multiple stakeholders
- SAP consolidation system experience desired
- Proven success in managing competing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.