Sr Data Engineer
Burbank, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774513BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 20, 2021
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
This role is part of the Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) organization. Our mission is to provide business technology solutions for the enterprise that empower growth, and enhance value across brands, geographies and organizations.
The Data Solutions & Architecture group is part of the Enterprise Technology organization. We are responsible for architecting, developing and managing the data platforms, data integrations and reporting and analytics solutions for The Walt Disney Company’s enterprise business data. We are experts at architecting and building highly scalable data and analytics solutions that meet the business requirements of the groups across the company we support.
As part of our team, you will be working with a full range of data technologies and architectures including big data platforms, enterprise data warehouses, pub/sub data messaging, master data management, AI/ML predictive analytics, Robotics Process Automation, and multiple reporting and analytics frameworks and tools.
You will be working in a complex, challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment, with other like-minded peers who are solutions and results oriented, and who enjoy collaboration. Besides being experts in their respective fields, our architects and developers are smart, curious, innovative, solutions-oriented, respectful, highly collaborative and continuous learners.
Responsibilities:The Senior Data Engineer is a key engineering role in the Enterprise Business Systems organization, responsible for leading and doing data design and modeling, developing data models, and data integration across multiple data platforms and data domains.
- Data engineering, data integration, and data modeling
- Developing highly-scalable, flexible, cost-effective and secure enterprise data solutions
- Design and developing data models for major data platforms (data warehouses, data lakes, master data management systems)
- Work with Business Architects, Data Architects and business stakeholders to understand the data, reporting and analytics needs of the business and convert the requirements into functional and technical specifications
- Cross-training peers and mentoring teammates
Skills & Key Attributes
- Expertise in data modeling and performance optimization for major data platform technologies
- Expertise in cloud-based data platforms
- Expertise in SQL coding
- Expertise in ETL and data integration
- Expertise in all aspects of data management and design: data governance, data mastering, meta-data management, data taxonomies and ontologies
- Expertise in object-oriented software development
- Excellent technical problem solving and data analysis skills; Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate well to both technical and business audiences
- Experience in data engineering, ETL, data integration and data modeling
- Experience developing data solutions in cloud platforms
- Experience with data security and compliance
- Experience with Snowflake and/or HANA development preferred
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Cognos, SAP Analytics Cloud preferred
- Experience with data science, AI/ML and predictive modeling preferred
- Experience with Finance and HR business domains preferred
- Proven track record of execution--driving results and meeting project commitments
- BS Computer Science or related technology field
- MS Computer Science or related technology field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.