Sr Data EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 7107136020220515 Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Disney Decision Science and Integration (DDSI) analytics consulting team is responsible for supporting clients across The Walt Disney Company including Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (e.g., Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line), Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (e.g., Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu), Studios Content (e.g., The Walt Disney Studios, Disney Theatrical Group), General Entertainment Content (e.g., 20th Television, ABC Entertainment, ABC News) and ESPN and Sports Content. DDSI leverages technology, data analytics, optimization, statistical and econometric modeling to explore opportunities, shape business decisions and drive business value.
The team is involved in various activities ranging from data acquisition and validation, designing and implementing ETL/ELT data pipelines, designing and implementing databases, and evolving our next generation data platform to fulfill the needs of our applications, data services, ad-hoc analytics and self-service/POC initiatives.
The Data Engineering team (within DDSI) is looking to fill a Senior Data Engineer role responsible for designing and implementing ETL/ELT data pipelines, designing and implementing database schema/tables/views, and building batch processes leveraging Airflow for several projects.
This Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for partnering with our Studios or Enterprise Technology team members in various activities around data requirements gathering, data validation scripting and review, developing and monitoring ETL/ELT data pipelines, designing and implementing database schema/tables/views, plus deployment across multiple environments such as DEV, QA/UAT and PROD.
The role will leverage a multitude of technologies to fulfill the work including, but not limited to SQL, Python, Docker, Gitlab, Airflow, Snowflake, Looker and PostgreSQL.
- 3+ years experience with Python
- 4+ years experience with SQL
- 3+ years experience designing, building and maintaining ETL/ELT data pipelines
- 2+ years experience with cloud based technologies, preferably AWS and S3
- Experience using Apache Airflow, Databricks
- 2+ years leveraging, designing and building relational databases
- 2+ years of experience using Gitlab/Github
- 2+ years of experience using Docker
- Experience working with large datasets and big data technologies, preferably cloud-based, such as Snowflake, Databricks, or similar
- Participate in driving best practices around data engineering software development processes
- Experience with Airflow, Gitlab, Snowflake, Tableau
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Experience in streaming, media, or digital marketing domain
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years experience in a Data Engineering role
- SQL, Python, Gitlab, Airflow, AWS S3 and Relational Databases
- 2+ years experience working on a cloud platform
- 2+ years experience working with data lakes, data warehouses and application databases
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.