Sr. Data ScientistApply NowApply Later Job ID 10026892 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Music Group Date posted Oct. 10, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Sr. Data Scientist is responsible for the Disney Music Group’s (DMG) data, quantitative frameworks, and decision support tools. The role will creatively explore new channels of data and build the analytical models that will inform planning and decisions across the DMG business areas
To support these goals, the role will develop a deep understanding of how content, marketing, and distribution strategies interact to drive product performance
The right person for this role has tackled complex problems in forecasting and measurement, behavioral segmentation, and has worked with large transaction level datasets. The role will be expected to turn research into practical business solutions and continuously broaden and enrich our data assets. The role will need to collaborate effectively with cross-functional partners, working with Engineering and Product teams to build decision support tools that will scale and expand how data is used across the organization
- Drive pragmatic approaches to solving complex business problems through data creation, analysis, predictive and causal modeling
- Support new and potential opportunities through opportunity sizing, forecasting and scenario analysis. Develop the tools that help business stakeholders evaluate trade-offs across varied tactics, business environments and create targets for driving business performance
- Establish top line and operational metrics that accurately represent the state of health for our brands, products, and campaigns. Build out in-depth knowledge of the success drivers, determining the KPIs that will help meet goals as well as deliver value added solutions that have a measurable impact on the business
- Activate descriptive and creative metadata, collaborating cross-functionally to develop the contextual models that will enable deeper business insights
- Build a holistic picture of DMG audiences, their listening behaviors and preferences across brands, artists, products, and platforms
- Partner with Technology and Product teams to execute on data projects
- 5+ years data science experience, Bachelor’s degree required in an analytical field including Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, other related quantitative field; or a Masters plus 2 years of experience.
- Experience developing statistical models and analyses in an industry setting for business use cases. Applied knowledge of supervised and unsupervised learning techniques
- Experience with causal inference methods
- Expertise manipulating large, transaction level data sets and interpreting data trends from multiple disparate data sources
- Strong hands-on experience developing sophisticated analytical solutions using scripting tools (Python/R)
- Mastery in advanced SQL, large-scale data and numerical computing languages (PySpark)
- Experience data mining in distributed systems (Spark/Databricks)
- Proficient in data exploration and visualization tools (Tableau/Looker)
- Experience developing analytical software that scale analyses
- Experience working with media performance data
- Experience working with data in the entertainment industry
- Strong experience documenting data requirements, rules and, assumptions
- Experience communicating analytical concepts to a wide range of audiences
- Passion for building clear, concise, and meaningful metrics
- Strong time management with ability to work in a fast-paced environment across multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail without losing sight of broader objectives
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, and delivering results
- Keen interest in music and the music business
Strong familiarity with music streaming services (Spotify, Apple, Amazon Music, YouTube), social media platforms (TikTok, FB/Instagram) and emerging technologies (digital assistants/voice)
About Disney Music Group:
The music is the soundtrack of our lives – from your favorite hits by popular artists to beloved tunes from films like Mary Poppins and Frozen. Find the music that rocks your world right here at the Disney Music Group (DMG), headquartered in Burbank and home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. DMG releases film and television soundtracks from the world’s biggest entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the legendary Star Wars, ABC and Disney Channel, alongside pop, dance, family music and the catalog of classic rock band Queen. DMG is also an innovator in music distribution and live concerts. If music is your passion, come be a part of the team that brings it to ears all over the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc, which is part of a business we call Disney Music Group.
Hollywood Records, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.