Sr. Data Support Engineer (SAP)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10046983 Location Burbank, California, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 24, 2023
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt's passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we're constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology team mission is to provide technology solutions that align to business strategies while promoting enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. They are an organization that drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, promoting business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
We look to add team members who are focused on delivery, passionate about customer service, make data-driven decisions, are life-long learners, and prefer to work in a high-tempo, problem-solving work environment.
This role is on the Data Platform and Integration Team. We are responsible to provide day to day oversight of the technologies / services supporting numerous data & integration platforms across the Enterprise. The team is also responsible for data analytics domains including financial, HCM, Legal, Tax, and Intellectual Property. There are 4 distinct areas within the group, Master Data Maintenance (MDM), internal and external (B2B) Data Integration; Data Warehouse, and Data Lakes on cloud-based and on-prem platforms.
Specifically, you will work with technology partners, users and partners for a group of application technologies.
- Manage the delivery of high-quality, scalable and efficient solutions using webMethods integration software components that meet business requirements and conform to architectural designs and technology strategies
- Design and implement complex webMethods technology solutions in partnership with Solution Architects, Product & Engineering Managers in support of our goals
- Investigate and resolve production related issues in a timely manner from end user (UI) to persistence layer
- Guide the technical recovery of major system outages, working with numerous internal and external partners and vendors or outsourced service delivery teams
- Monitor service performance and recommend areas of focus for continuous improvement programs, including application performance management
- Develop and maintain the technology currency roadmap
- Oversee the respective security and vulnerability management activities
- Participate in on-call schedule or rotations (where applicable)
- Deep domain and technical expertise will be critical, as delivery will be accomplished in a matrixed environment of internal and external partners, and suppliers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships in a matrix environment with other departments, groups and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced. Comfortable influencing to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to make decisions and within the role and is comfortable handling risk and uncertainty with Vendor Management
- Be responsible for vendor/partners coordination in the timely resolution of incidents/problems/requests, ensuring service level and quality targets are met
- Gather requirements for minor enhancements and oversee the resultant product from the vendors
- Promote the use of agile development methodologies, focusing on improving the velocity and quality of delivered work products through DevOps practices and automated testing Partner with the application security team on the implementation of "security by design," ensuring that all solutions meet security standards
- Participate in periodic problem analysis meetings and post implementation reviews to document insights and ensure the continuous improvement of the IT services
- SAP HANA
- DataStax Data Integrations
- Google PubSub
- Web Services
- SAP ECC
- SAP HANA
Basic Qualifications :
- 5+ years in a support engineer role in a Corporate environment of a similar size/complexity
- 3+ years in data integration development with relevant technologies
- Experience in data integration technologies: webMethods, GCP Pub/Sub, Informatica
- Experience participating in the full range of development activities (including but not limited to: code deployment, load/performance testing, integration testing)
- Participation in formal change management processes
- Experience working within an agile framework
- Experience with application monitoring processes and technologies
- Experience working with (a majority of) our portfolio of applications relevant to the post
Preferred Qualifications :
- WebMethod experience is highly desirable
- Workday experience is desirable
- Google Pub/Sub experience is desirable
- Knowledge of B2B/EDI integrations
- SAP knowledge is highly desirable
- Splunk knowledge is desirable
- Professional technical certification relevant to the post
Required Education :
Bachelor's degree in a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
The hiring range for this position in California is $ $136,038 to $ $182,490 per year and in Washington is $ $142,516 to $ $191,180 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.