Sr DesignerApply NowApply Later Job ID 922055BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 13, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
DMED Technology Design is the unified design org for 90+ customer-facing websites/apps and hundreds of enterprise products in the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) Technology organization. We are the storytellers responsible for adding “something special” to our consumers’ experience every day through exciting design, artwork, branding and UX globally. We are responsible for driving the product design, user experiences, creative direction, production design, motion design, service design, UX copywriting, UX research and UX engineering. It is our job to create a framework that delivers consistent, creative and innovative user experiences for people – whether they are using Disney’s consumer-facing products, or the platforms, products and tools that help power our business. Crucially, how we do that work must be both imaginative and efficient, allowing us to also free our team devote energy to using design to drive innovation. The consumer portfolio we get to design for includes many of the most trusted and beloved brands in the world – ABC, ABC News, Disney, ESPN, Freeform, FX, Marvel, National Geographic and Star Wars. These are great products, and our charge is to always imagine ways to make them even better; to deliver happiness and magical moments through artistry and inventive design, reinforcing the emotional connection between consumers and Disney’s brands. The enterprise portfolio we are responsible for is also critically important – and our colleagues, partners and businesses will be relying upon us to bring the same kind of imagination, ease and consistent excellence to those experiences.
Product Design: The DMED Technology Product Design team delivers transformative consumer-facing product innovation across Mobile, Desktop, and TV apps for our consumer experiences. This mission includes delivering brand-specific consumer experiences, building cohesive user journeys within a product family, partnering across Product, Engineering and other business partners, and working with Design team members directing rapid visual concepts, producing high fidelity visual design. We are a multi-disciplinary design team where you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with many design groups and specialties to create innovative products that people love to use
Designers at Disney are a creative problem solver who looks to collaborate inclusively throughout your design process and evolve the way Disney operates. We expect a Sr Designers to work on multiple projects, both from the ground up and optimizing existing solutions, with in-depth knowledge about the latest design trends and technologies.
Responsibilities:- You will be a point of contact to coordinate requirements with stakeholders
- You will define app and web experiences for consumer-facing products
- You will innovate new consumer experiences
- You will collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders
- You will work closely with teammates to produce design solutions using sketches, wireframes, and high-fidelity mock-ups
- You will be responsible for presenting design work to partners and stakeholders
- Your design work sets an example for other designers to follow
Basic Qualifications:As an applicant to this role, we ask that your portfolio demonstrates:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experiences - You have experience designing consumer-facing apps/websites, complex user flows across app and web, or delivered new innovation that disrupt the convention
- You have an expert understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices
- You are a self-motivated, problem solver with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- You can communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively
- You are hungry for innovation, eager to challenge the status quo
- You have a strong interest in and aptitude for learning new technologies and design skills
- You have a strong work ethic, are reliable, adaptable, and work well with others
- You have the ability to design within brand guides and contribute to design language
- You have expert knowledge of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.