Sr Distribution Ops Mgr-Originals and New Release DeliveryApply NowApply Later Job ID 964797BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 14, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- The Sr Distribution Ops Mgr position will oversee the delivery process of episodic, feature, bonus, shorts, trailers, artwork, and metadata to various digital platforms globally.
- They are recognized as an expert in own area within the organization
- This role requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise
- Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirement
- Leads functional teams or projects and serves as a best practice/quality resource
- The role will champion the most complex servicing workflow/client/order (i.e., Disney+, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, etc.)
- Understanding of digital content distribution concepts and technologies including EHV, TVOD, SVOD, AVOD, PayTV, Hotels, etc.
- Some of the key day-to-day tasks will include inventory research, setting up order in our order management tool, curating source assets between mastering, territory offices, and vendors, communicating delivery ETAs to customers, clients, and internal business ops team, dealing with rejections, establishing a process SLA (Service Level Agreement), and managing vendor & supplier performance metrics.
- Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify solutions
- To lead projects/accounts with high resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
- Drive execution and delivery of multiple high-profile titles and accounts (Tier 0 clients).
- Communicate deadlines and delivery expectations across functional teams for downstream workflow needs.
- Propose an innovative solution to problems to senior executive team.
- Interpret internal or external business issues and recommends best practices.
- Work independently with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Work across all territories LTS services: US/CA, EMEA, APAC, LATAM, China, India, etc.
- Perform extensive research across all inventories, systems, and tools LTS uses for servicing operations.
- Lead complex level localization for foreign language dub audio and subtitles.
- Handle Tier 0 clients (global platforms) as well as Tier 1 clients (domestic platforms) and Tier 2 clients (local/territory platforms).
- Subject matter expertise in EST/VOD/Digital Distribution specifications, file and packaging formats, workflows, deliverables and quality metrics.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to client requirements proactively.
- Up-to-date technical knowledge in digital media tools and technologies.
- Previous customer service experience and managing clients.
- Deep understanding on A/V technical formats including IMF, UHD, HDR, Dolby-Vision, ATMOS and pro-res as well as localization requirement for dub and sub assets internationally.
- Previous experience in working with and managing vendors.
- 7+ years of progressively complex related experience in the digital distribution space.
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.