Sr Electronics EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10067672 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Nov. 10, 2023
ILM-Technoprops designs and manufactures state-of-the-art virtual production hardware and software, including facial capture headrigs, virtual cameras, wireless active markers, and other specialty devices. You will join an interdisciplinary team and will collaborate with Disney Research and ILM R&D in developing the next generation of Virtual Production and Facial Capture technology.
As a Senior Electronics Engineer, you will create new Virtual Production tools for use in films and video games using both hardware and software based approaches. Ideally, as a senior engineer, you will have a proven track record of delivering successful work and should be able to operate with a high degree of autonomy, acting as project technical lead for projects of any size, and able to drive smaller projects through to completion on your own. Beyond executing your own work, you should be able to provide mentorship and guidance to the team, both in their areas of technical specialization and in engineering best practices in general.
What You’ll Do
- Spearhead design efforts for electronic systems, including architecture and implementation details of circuitry and software/firmware
- Conduct component selection and trade studies to satisfy design requirements
- Design PCB layouts with expertise in Altium Designer
- Design, debug and maintain C/C++/VHDL feature additions across several multi-processor products
- Write and execute test plans for device validation and performance characterization
- Own the design, development, testing, and end-to-end technical support for projects
- Aid business development effort by estimating project effort and assessing new work scope
- Evaluate design risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Create documentation for hardware, software and systems
- Interface with internal teams and external clients to conduct design reviews for hardware/electronic systems and code reviews for software/firmware/HDL
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 7+ years of applied experience
- End-to-end electronics design experience: taking designs from requirements generation through schematic, layout, fabrication, and hardware build
- Knowledge of multi-layer, high speed PCB fabrication and assembly process with focus on design for manufacture and assembly
- Experience with C/C++, VHDL, and Python development
- Proficiency in application development for Linux OS
- Experience in modeling, simulation, and testing of electronics
- Experience using standard digital communication methods including serial / UART, SPI, and I2C
- Expertise with one or more of the following: analog circuits, mixed-signal designs, embedded programming, RF, or optical systems development
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills; ability to explain technical concepts and their implications to non-technical audiences
- Nice to have:
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, related field
- Experience managing projects, mentoring other engineers, and interfacing with technical customers
- Familiarity with HD-SDI, LTC, CoaXPress, MIPI CSI-2 and SLVS-EC protocols
- Experience in large-format, high-density, or high-layer-count PCB design
- Experience with ARM Cortex-M devices and Xilinx FPGAs
- Deep understanding of OS fundamentals and computer architecture
The hiring range for this position in Los Angeles is $145,600 to $182,600 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with LECL VFX Inc Payroll Svc, which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.
LECL VFX Inc Payroll Svc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.