Senior Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 876720BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 22, 2021
The purpose of this job is to be the day-to-day accounting lead in recording the $2.0bn+ of programming expenses for the ABC network. ABC licenses the rights to dozens of different Films and TV shows and this role will be accountable for payments and ensuring that the accounting transactions are posted for the end-to-end accounting life cycle as the costs of those licenses. The key objectives that this job needs to deliver include compliance with accounting standards for program expense recognition, timely payment of our commitments to suppliers, and advanced analytics to identify P&L variance analysis for programming expenses and insights into the programming assets/liabilities and commitments. The team has implemented a new third-party application (Mediamorph) to manage and support the contracts, payments, and costs recognition for our programming costs.
In addition, the SFAA will work with our Finance counterparts to help ensure that all financial statements are in accordance with US GAAP and to provide accounting support, where needed.
- Program Amortization – oversight of the amortization for all of ABC’s acquired programming which should be managed using the new Mediamorph content costs system
- Program payments – ensure that accurate payments are made on a timely basis for all of the shows working in conjunction with Production Audit to verify amounts prior to payment
- Quarter close reporting and analysis - prepare deliverables needed to support the quarter close including variance analysis, account analysis, including current/non-current classifications and commitment schedules as well as Tax-related deliverables
- At least 3 years working in an accounting environment
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to extract data, use pivot tables, and leverage macros
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive can-do attitude and support of change management initiatives
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to succeed in a team environment
- Familiarity with use of SAP general ledger and projects functionality as well as Cognos TM1 reporting solutions
- Familiarity with Film and TV Accounting processes preferred e.g. amortization methods
- Strong interest in TV business
- Undergraduate Degree
- CPA preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.