Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial Analyst Int'l Channel ConsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 706441BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Oct. 25, 2019
DTCI includes Disney’s international media operations and the Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
- Contribute to the planning and coordination of the strategic plan, budget and forecast for the APAC and Entertainment International Channels business ensuring agreement of data.
- Consolidate, reconcile, review and analyze international channels financials to ensure accuracy of the data. Support efficiency of the process and timeliness of the reporting.
- Generate and analyze key business metrics by genre to explain and communicate performance trends and business drivers.
- Support the development and preparation of presentation materials used to communicate the financial plan and associated risks and opportunities to senior management at DTCI.
- 2 to 3 years of applicable experience in finance and planning.
- Demonstrated experience with consolidation, budgeting, forecast planning and variance analysis for large complex organizations
- Advanced proficiency in excel to perform financial modeling and quantitative analysis
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and business presentations) and ability to interact with many levels of individuals within an organization
- Experience with financial reporting tools (Cognos TM1 and SAP a plus)
- Ability to flex and adapt work schedule to changing business demands and an international client group
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to prioritize & handle multiple assignments
- Background in the media/entertainment industry, particularly knowledge of the international pay TV business
- Prior experience in working with International markets
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting or other related field or equivalent work experience
Preferred EducationMBA and/or CPA preferred
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.