Sr Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 860803BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Sep. 21, 2021
● Key contributor in the Budget, Forecast, Close, and Long Range Strategic planning cycles
● Provide insights to leadership on key assumptions, levers and risks in the proposed plans
● Provide critical input and data analysis into Studio planning scenarios, including efforts to create additional Disney+ content
● Build models to help consolidate and analyze Studio trends
● Help drive the overall Forecast process, including analyzing the Studio P&L, Run Rate, Production Spend and Film Costs
● Partner with the WDAS Overhead and Technology departments to create fiscal year plans as well as provide guidance regarding the proper accounting of costs
● Partner with Studio Controllership and assist in the quarterly close process
● Critically evaluate and communicate financial information and recommendations in a digestible format
● Identify and implement process improvement initiatives as well as document policies and procedures
● Provide input and help drive ad hoc projects for the Studio
● Partner with the Production Finance team to understand key production changes and how this impacts the financials
● Help drive the Production Finance responsibilities within Development and Short Form Content
Basic Qualifications:● 3+ years of experience
● Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and summarize large amounts of data
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Highly organized, ability to work well under pressure, prioritize and handle multiple projects
● Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
● Experience with implementing new systems / databases is a plus
● SAP and Cognos TM1 experience is a plus
Required Education● Bachelor’s degree required (emphasis in Finance, Accounting or Strategy preferred)
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.