Sr Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 788345BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Oct. 07, 2021
The Studio Operations finance team partners closely with the Studio Operations team to further this mission, ensuring that costs for the business are reported accurately to our clients, while also providing our operators with strategic insights about the financial performance and efficiency of their businesses.
Studio Operations Finance is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst to support the Motion Picture Operations and Mastering teams primarily. These teams are responsible for preparing Studio content from all of our content banners for distribution to theatrical, in-home, and streaming audiences worldwide. In addition to developing budgets, forecasts, and tracking expenses for these teams, the role will also help support ad-hoc analysis to increase the effectiveness of our business operations, such as financial impact of changes to workflow, distribution, and automation strategies.
This position reports to the Manager, Finance – Studio Operations.
- Management of quarter close, annual operating plan, and forecasts
- Prepare and analyze complex budgets, plans, financial statements and/or reports and ensure compliance with reporting requirements
- Review financial statement information compared to expected results and deliver clear and concise variance explanations that identify root causes
- Perform analytics on financial statements to explain key drivers
- Understand key drivers of financial forecast process and how these drivers impact accounting close
- Remain current on legislation and the industry, through research and benchmarking; Evaluate impact of changing regulation
- Prepare and maintain overhead budgeting, forecasting and cost trending analyses for assigned client groups
- Make recommendations to management and clients on opportunities to operate efficiently and provide cost impact of alternative scenarios
- Financial analysis and support for key strategic initiatives; including NPV Analysis and program cost tracking
- Analysis of allocation methodology for overhead costs
- Provide support to operations to ensure appropriate account coding
- Oversee ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned; demonstrate an understanding of project management methodology (e.g. develop project plans, monitor progress, communicate to stakeholders)
- Budgeting and forecasting experience
- Ability to develop comprehensive/complex financial analysis with limited guidance
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong project and time management skills
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Customer focused
- Ability to multi-task and deploy resources efficiently
- Demonstrates ability to quickly grasp and apply new concepts and processes
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, Powerpoint, and SAP & COGNOS strongly preferred
- 4-6 years of experience; CPA preferred
- Progressive finance or accounting experience, industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.