Sr Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 7119131020220403 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 29, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Disney Branded Television (DBT) is home to the world’s leading storytellers in kids and family content. DBT is responsible for developing, producing, and programming exceptional content of unparalleled scale and reach. DBT creates more than 60 projects a year representing over 300 hours of programming for consumption on D+ and Disney Channel’s portfolio of networks.
The Disney Branded TV and Disney Channels Financial Planning & Analysis team is responsible for managing the Long-Range Plan, Annual Operating Plan, and Forecasts for executive review for both DBT and Disney Channels. The team manages the 5 Year Plan production slate, Disney Channel’s P&L, and Cash Flow, providing leaders with key insights to make informed decisions about the businesses.
The Senior Financial Analyst will play an integral role on the team, serving as the lead on Disney Branded Television’s production slate and Disney Channel Network’s planning models. This includes partnering with key stakeholders to consolidate production and marketing spend inputs on a monthly basis, and working closely with executive management and Disney General Entertainment’s content finance and planning team to assist with delivering on content volume goals and new key initiatives.
- Partner with key stakeholders to manage the consolidation and serve as the subject matter expert of Disney Branded Television’s production slate for Long-Range Plan, Annual Operating Plan, Forecasts and monthly updates
- Provide reporting analytics highlighting key business drivers and metrics including cost per episode analyses, rate/volume analyses, trends by genre, and cause of change analyses versus prior periods
- Drive Disney Channel Network’s planning process, including the coordination of inputs from internal stakeholders, and collaboration with Controllership to actualize planning models after quarter close
- Proactively identify, recommend, and drive improvements in existing models and processes
- Prepare presentations and ad hoc analyses and present to senior management
- Provide Cognos TM1 support both within the team and as needed by partners
- 2 + years of relevant work experience (experience in the entertainment industry FP&A a plus)
- Strong financial modeling skills, strategic and analytical mindset
- Ability to synthesize data into a compelling narrative
- Strategic/innovative approach to problem solving and ability to solve complicated business asks with autonomy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to influence leaders, peers, and partners
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA and/or CPA
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.