Sr Health and Safety Specialist (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 762814BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 04, 2020
- Manage COVID cases to include tracking, reporting, contact tracing, self isolation and monitoring, returning to work, for both employees, cotingent workers and vendors
- Interface with 3rd party vendors and contingent worker companies as necessary regarding COVID cases
- Coordinate responses with Facilities, Medical, Legal, Communications, Segment Human Resources/ER and other relevant partners
- Work with departments on social distancing protocols for office/work spaces, support the established plans to distribute and dispose of PPE
- Work closely with the Corporate ER and the Health and Safety team to research new trends, technology, and best practices in health and wellness
- Collaborate with Human Resources and Employee relations in managing communications related to Covid cases, maintain confidentiality and follow HIPAA privacy guidelines
- Provide reports regarding concerns, violations, and compliance
- 1-2 years experience managing multiple priorities and stakeholders, accuracy, attention to detail and strong data skills required
- Ability to adapt to varying work environments, possesses a strong pro-active work ethic and quickly adapt to new responsibilities
- Ability to escalate issues to the VP Corporate Employee relations and relevant segment leadership
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Must be a people person who can manage with confidence and maintain policy/protocol.
- Must be comfortable speaking to groups and providing training as requested
- Highly driven to problem solve
- Basic knowledge of safety and health standards and regulations, familiar with HIPAA.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Desire to continue development of technical skills and industry knowledge.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.