Sr. HR Project Specialist – Portfolio ManagementApply NowApply Later Job ID 10005398 Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Human Resources Project Management Office (HR PMO) delivers complex, high impact projects for the global HR function and provides project management consultancy for HR project teams throughout The Walt Disney Company (TWDC). The HR PMO builds and manages a focused portfolio to guide and achieve HR priorities.
The Walt Disney Company HR Project Management Office (HR PMO) is seeking a Sr. HR Project Specialist support a variety of large-scale Enterprise projects with a cross-functional focus. The Sr. HR Project Specialist will have the opportunity to support and influence HR initiatives that impact employees throughout TWDC and across the globe. This role will help manage an integrated project portfolio and project roadmap for TWDC HR. This will be achieved by building close, constructive relationships with key partners across Global HR Operations, Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partners, Employee Relations, Communications, Technology, Legal, Finance, and more.
Success in this role will be found through …
- Collaboration – being a person others want to work with because they are a solution-oriented team player who can maintain a positive, productive outlook even when things get tough
- Adaptability – succeeding in highly fluid, ambiguous circumstances; dealing with issues that do not have a clear answer or process
- Curiosity –wanting to look around every corner and try new things
- Enthusiasm – having a passion for project management work specifically and readiness to grasp this incredible opportunity to make change happen at The Walt Disney Company
- Support multiple large-scale projects, ensuring clear communication and superior execution of plans.
- Communicate ongoing initiative-related updates and timely, relevant information to key stakeholders and senior HR leaders.
- Build and maintain project plans, outlining clear deliverables and working with key stakeholders to keep project on schedule.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, deliverables, and other work products to be delivered to a broad audience of stakeholders, inclusive of management and senior executives.
- Coordinate stakeholder updates, inclusive of detailed documentation and data collection, and ensures appropriate escalations and risk assessment.
- Partner with more senior team members to create Executive updates.
- Any other related duties needed to help achieve business objectives.
- 2-3 years experience in project management, human resources, or related field
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate collaborative working relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders and actively foster an inclusive work environment
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong project management, relationship management, organizational, and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated success in visual storytelling
- Ability to self-manage and work effectively with remote leaders and partners
- Willingness to flex work hours to accommodate multiple time zones
- Experience working in global companies and/or on global teams
- Growth mindset and intuitive intelligence
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney HR Strategies & Services, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney HR Strategies & Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.