Sr. IllustratorApply NowApply Later Job ID 795699BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Marvel Studios Date posted Jun. 16, 2021
They work closely with a project lead to understand the visual needs of the filmmakers and create highly detailed character design images and keyframes that help define the look of each film. Each artist is tasked with developing a series of character design images centered around a unique art direction and will be required to adjust the visuals based on feedback from the Directors and Producers. Additionally, artists will create dramatic and dynamic keyframe illustrations to visualize important story moments from the film.
This is an IATSE Local 800 position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
- 5-7 years of live action film/games/animation experience as a concept artist.
- Master level competence of Photoshop, with a focus on painting.
- Z-brush/Keyshot/Cinema 4D experience a plus.
- Great at brainstorming, taking direction, collaborating and being part of a team.
- Interest/passion for Marvel superheroes.
- Experience telling stories through dynamic and dramatic keyframe illustrations.
- Experience communicating storytelling/blue sky ideas through image sequences, rough sketches, or 3d models.
- Experience developing highly realistic character designs with very focused art directions. Ability to explore multiple art directions.
- Ability to solve problems creatively in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to develop ideas through sketches, take feedback, and take the sketches to a high level of finish.
- Portfolio review will be part of the interview.
Additional Information:Please note, this is an is an IATSE Local 800 position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Film Productions LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Film Productions LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.