Sr. iOS Engineer (Movies Anywhere)
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 688610BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 11/07/2019
Job Summary:Movies Anywhere (https://moviesanywhere.com) is a cloud-based digital movie service. This app for iOS, Android, Web, and 10-foot devices (Apple TV, Roku, etc.) enables consumers to discover, purchase and watch movies from participating studios (Disney, Fox, Sony, Warner Bros., Universal) using a single service, regardless of the online retailer used to purchase those movies.
We are looking for a highly skilled software engineer to join our iOS app engineering team. This role will work closely with product managers to design and build new features for the Movies Anywhere iOS and tvOS apps, support in-production apps with millions of installs, improve the quality and reliability of the code-base through sound testing practices, drive technical decisions and provide mentorship and coaching to less experienced engineers
- Design and implement new features for the Movies Anywhere iOS and tvOS apps using Swift
- Develop working, readable, testable and maintainable source code
- Help monitor and support apps that are in production
- Work closely with QA Automation Engineers to expand coverage of test automation
- Work closely with designers to deliver intuitive and responsive user interfaces that feel at home on iOS
- Stay on the cutting edge of Apple technologies, quickly adapting new technologies and platform features
- Participate in setting the architectural direction for the iOS app as well as contributing to overall system design
- Serve as a high-level technical resource and provide support and mentorship for less experienced engineers
- 2 to 5 years of iOS development experience, fully acquainted with platform frameworks and APIs
- Fully proficient programming in Swift using Xcode
- Strong understanding of software architecture, OO design patterns and concepts, and CS fundamentals
- Expertise in writing testable code. Comfortable implementing unit tests and UI tests
- Experience building responsive UIs for iOS, both programmatically and using Storyboards
- Complete familiarity with Apple App Store Guidelines and the iOS HIG
- Sound understanding of HTTP/REST web services. Familiar with backend system design
- Creative problem-solving skills with passion for new technologies and ability to collaborate across disciplines
- Having current application in the App Store is a plus
- Experience developing for tvOS is a plus
- Previous experience with AVFoundation, CoreData, Realm, or GraphQL is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Movies Anywhere, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Movies Anywhere is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.