Sr. Machine Learning EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 968007BR Location Burbank, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
We’re looking for talented team players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to the experience through strategic hard work, creativity, and determination.
DSAR is looking for an experienced ML Engineer to work on advanced personalization efforts involving digital avatars. The ideal candidate will drive the development of a new separate stand-alone neural network that classifies facial components. The right person for this role feels deeply committed to partnering with our diversity, equity, and inclusion teams to create a diverse image dataset for training AI technology and delivering relevant experiences representative of our consumers and the values of our company.
We’re seeking highly motivated and skilled professionals with a strong background in machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision, and the ability to coordinate across teams and empower themselves and others to strive for and achieve excellence.
Whether you’re in Los Angeles, California, New York, or remote, we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
- Responsible for providing an ontology for labeling, training, and implementing a new neural face model
- Lead development of dataset augmentation to increase accuracy
- Collaborate with DEI team on capturing diverse and inclusive AI datasets
- Provide all necessary tools for authoring, carefully orchestrating continuous learning, inference, and observation cycle while maintaining high system availability and reliability
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, and Researchers to develop high-quality, robust, and reliable solutions
- Contribute to research activities and patent/IP across Disney business and research groups
- 5+ years of software experience, with 3+ years of relevant ML experience
- Expertise with ML pipelines, algorithms, statistical methods, and analytics to solve real-world engineering problems
- Experienced with developing, troubleshooting, and validating deep learning models for diverse computer vision tasks (e.g., segmentation, recognition, classification) using PyTorch, TensorFlow, or other deep learning frameworks
- Comfortable operating at all levels of the predictive stack and modeling, including data collection, feature engineering, and batch training
- Strong mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical methods
- Work in an Agile environment that focuses on collaboration and teamwork
- Prior work in the field of digital humans: neural face models, mobile capture or general photogrammetry solutions, retargeting and animation
- Expertise with Computer Vision and library functions such as OpenCV
- Comfortable working in deep learning frameworks for on-device inference such as Tensorflow Lite or Pytorch Mobile
- Experience in CPU and GPU performance optimization
- Familiarity with Python development ecosystem and technologies like Databricks, S3, Spark, Jupiter Notebooks
- Excellent communication and people engagement skills
- Strive for excellence in innovation and experimentation
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field)
Preferred EducationMaster’s degree in Computer Science (or related field)
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.