Sr Manager, Alliance Marketing Partnerships& PromotionsApply NowApply Later Job ID 909127BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 28, 2021
Disney’s Corporate Alliances team develops and holistically manages complex, long-term, multi-dimensional relationships with select brands and companies. Corporate Alliances is dedicated to driving incremental value for TWDC and its Partners through development of innovative marketing and sponsorship programs, management of partner and business unit relationships, and creation of new partnerships aligned with TWDC’s businesses and strategic goals.
As TWDC’s Parks & Resorts (WDPR) is a key value driver of Corporate Alliance relationships, the Alliances Promotions team’s role is critical in helping secure and protect key renewals and fees from Alliance Partners. This team manages the negotiation and execution of high-quality, co-branded promotional campaigns across multiple distribution channels for a robust portfolio of Corporate Alliance partners.
Responsibilities:The Sr. Manager of Alliance Marketing Partnerships & Promotions will work closely across all areas of TWDC’s Parks and Corporate Alliances related business units, along with internal and external creative teams, to create mutually beneficial long or short-term promotional campaigns for our Corporate Alliance partners.
This position will be responsible for tracking WDPR strategic marketing initiatives, partner opportunity pitches, and tactical execution for TWDC’s Corporate Alliance partners. In collaboration with the Alliances Account Management teams, key responsibilities will include strategic planning, presentation and sell-in of proposed Alliance partner promotional opportunities, and program execution of groundbreaking promotional campaigns.
In doing so, this role will identify unique partner initiatives and promotional opportunities with Parks across multiple domestic and regional activations including but not limited to national and local media promotions, on-air radio, tours, consumer incentives, social media executions, and experiential and in-Park activations.
- Lead team of 2 Managers in evolving and refining project intake and execution process, as well as building strong relationships with Account Management counterparts and key decision makers at partner companies.
- Drive promotions strategy, identification and development of multi-platform Alliances Partner promotional opportunities to drive achievement of Partner objectives. Determine innovative and effective strategies that meet business and partner needs.
- Define and achieve key performance indicators for the Alliances Promotions team, including partnering with Alliances Account Management and Business Development to understand and deliver against Alliance Partner strategic priorities and goals.
- In conjunction with Creative team, determine most effective strategy and tactics for the Partner’s Parks Promotional programs based on channel and consumer segment, for optimal campaign results.
- Identify, drive and pitch promotional opportunities to deliver on short or long-term goals. Collaboration on program concepts and pitch presentation materials with Creative teams required.
- Drive tactical execution for all Alliance Partner Parks promotional programs. Duties include ensuring all projects stay on track, manage scope, budget, timelines for Creative/Parks teams, and any other Parks Promotions needs as they arise. Programs should reflect and be true to both brands (Partner and Parks) while expanding upon the innovation, creativity and success of these programs.
- Critical to establish strong internal TWDC relationships to achieve pushing the “innovation boundaries” and successful daily collaboration with Corporate Alliance Creative, Alliance Management, Parks teams, Disney Corporate Legal, and Finance teams, among others. Work closely with other TWDC departments on Alliances Partner related extensions to drive streamlined execution processes and campaign successes, including WDPR Marketing and Strategy teams.
- Engage with Partners as a senior member of Alliance Promotions team and establish credibility and confidence to exceed Partner expectations. This Sr.Manager serves as a “marketing and promotions expert.”
- Manages expense budgets related to implementation and execution of partnership agreements.
- Help recruit, select, train, and develop Alliance Promotions team talent to achieve best-in-class campaigns and executions for a range of brands and projects. Duties include leading and mentoring management team (direct and indirect reports) by establishing clear roles and responsibilities and providing regular feedback and guidance on departmental short and long-term vision.
- 7 -10 years experience managing integrated brand partnerships required.
- Experience in partnership marketing & multi-platform media campaigns
- Must have knowledge of a wide range of multi-category information and understanding
- Understanding of production, PR, Media and Publicity
- Experience working with network & media teams
- Must have an understanding of media planning and plans
- Ability to extend and amplify programs across the media landscape
- Must be creative, innovative, and detail-oriented, with a strong work ethic, a team-focused mentality. A willingness to learn and a burning desire to drive success. Out of the box thinkers needed!
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to anticipate needs, take initiative, meet deadlines, multitask, and be resourceful/flexible, all while maintaining absolute professionalism and confidentiality. Ability to handle multiple projects, delegate and meet rigorous deadlines.
- Must possess exceptional diplomacy, influencing, presentation and verbal/written communications skills,
- Persuasive, confident networker with a proven track record in aligning with business units, marketing divisions, and Partnerships.
- Experience in creating promotional/execution processes, and organizational structure.
- A self-motivated team player with a proven ability to work within a fast-paced, matrixed corporate organization that operates across multiple time zones.
- Superior knowledge of practices and principles related to implementation and execution of Promotional programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with Corporate Alliances clients, managers and coworkers at all leadership levels.
- Solutions oriented, problem solving mentality a must.
- Management experience required.
- Marketing, entertainment, account management, partnership management and promotions experience
- MAC computer proficiency
- Basic knowledge of Keynote
- Microsoft Office Suites and Adobe Suite proficiency
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Preferred EducationPartnership Marketing, Entertainment, Communications, Film/Television, Advertising education experience preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.