Sr. Manager, Business Planning & DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 854699BR Location Burbank, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Oct. 15, 2021
This team is responsible for strategic assessment, valuation, negotiations and partner management tied to distribution for the Disney Streaming Services (“DSS”) business lines (Disney+, ESPN+, NHL and Partner Platform Services). The team also partners with various stakeholders in setting the growth strategy associated with our products and technology platform, including assessing our addressable markets, and helping drive decisions on how we should prioritize our strategic focus, money and human capital allocation.
This role is focused on supporting the Disney Streaming Services leadership team answer key operational questions on the best path from insights to execution.
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished strategy manager, ideally from a management consulting background, who is a skilled cross-functional collaborator, with experience in digital media and/or consumer-oriented internet services.
The role requires a solid foundation in strategic analysis, and the ability to rapidly synthesize information and input, across multiple stakeholder groups. You will partner with the President and other senior leaders to source data and insights, build case studies, assess opportunities and articulate execution plans across product marketing, technology and business operations. You will be responsible for conducting in-depth analysis, driving cross-functional projects, and delivering insights through well-crafted presentations.
The business development team is a small and nimble group. We value individual ‘doers’, willing to roll up their sleeves, but with the seniority and maturity to interact with all decision-makers across the organization and drive outcomes.
This position will be based in New York or Burbank.
- Support special projects and assignments, acting as an internal consultant to structure problems, develop frameworks, conduct relevant analysis, and communicate results
- Drive cross-functional business reviews / reports, working with various stakeholders to synthesize complex information into a digestible manner
- Analyze and report on business and performance metrics, maintaining a library of case studies, insights and strategic plans.
- Develop and maintain process and performance dashboards, including regular cross functional reports on company priorities.
- Create presentations that effectively communicate insights and support the leadership team.
- Support the wider Business Planning and Development team with ad-hoc projects and analysis to drive organizational alignment and decision making.
- BS/BA from a major university; preferably with MBA or JD
- At least 4 years management consulting experience with specific focus on the media industry and digital technology.
- Strong analytical skill-set and rich experience with building presentations
- Proficient in GSuite and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to synthesize and communicate highly complex and technical information
- A self-starter, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, creative environment
- Has a dynamic, engaging, collaborative and outgoing personality with the tenacity and commitment needed to nurture relationships while still getting things done
- Is tech savvy and able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Has familiarity with technology and/or digital media
- Always operates with integrity
- Has the ability to think strategically and effectively communicate and execute
- Has high standards for work quality, attention to detail and accuracy
- Can support senior management in overall strategy initiatives, including creation of comprehensive and cohesive presentations for board level review
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.