Sr. Manager, Business Strategy and DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 797669BR Location Burbank, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 01, 2021
- Support negotiations with key distribution partners by aiding in the creation of proposals, term sheets, and financial modeling in support of a ~$5B revenue business
- Work with the Platform Distribution and Theatrical Sales teams in support of transactional (e.g., Electronic Home Video), theatrical, and direct-to-consumer distribution strategies representing the entire Walt Disney Company portfolio of content
- Develop platform or service-focused analyses for distribution opportunities and conduct ongoing evaluations around key business drivers, industry trends, new business models and strategies
- Serve as a team leader and project manager working with junior team members, contributing to specific skill and long term professional development as well as fostering an inclusive team culture for learning and growth
- Minimum 6 years work experience and/or educational equivalent in a strategy, finance, or business development role
- Understanding of media industry landscape, including competitors and current trends
- Strong proven written, verbal, quantitative / modeling skills (including Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to develop strong collaborative relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively and work efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Work experience in investment banking and/or management consulting
- Industry experience in media, technology and/or with subscription business models
- Experience in contract review and interpretation
- Experience managing (directly and/or indirectly) and growing junior team members
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.