Sr. Manager - Content Performance Analytics (DGE)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 901833BR Location Burbank, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Dec. 19, 2021
The newly created Culture, Landscape, and Content Performance Analytics team sits within DGE’s Content Insights, Analytics and Scheduling group and consults with Senior Content, Strategy, and Marketing Leaders to deliver audience and content performance insights that inspire creative development and inform content strategy. The new position of Sr. Manager - Content Performance Analytics will join a team dedicated to delivering critical analyses and impactful data insights to inform a wide range of strategic decisions influencing the future of television at Disney General Entertainment.
- Identifying stakeholder needs and creating bespoke deliverables to provide a deep and ongoing understanding of content performance trends and audience preferences and viewing behaviors
- Serving as a key point of contact for DGE content leaders looking for deeper dives into series and program performance analytics and audience behavior trends related to their shows and brands
- Building strong partnerships and processes for ongoing collaboration with Analytics and Insights teams across The Walt Disney Company (Including DMED, Disney+ and Hulu)
- Conducting exploratory analysis of multiple proprietary and third-party data sets to illuminate audience and content viewing trends
- Helping to design, build and automate new reports and dashboards as needed to support decision-making
- Managing the work and development of junior staff
- A minimum of 5 years’ of experience working within data analytics
- The ideal candidate would have a passion for all forms of television and content, and foundational knowledge of the TV and streaming landscape
- A deep bench of knowledge and experience across at least one of the following areas:
- Fluency capturing and translating data and insights via visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker, MicroStrategy)
- Expertise in data exploration and data science
- Experience working in “big data” environments (like Snowflake, Hadoop); Proficiency of SQL and an understanding of complex, large-scale relational databases, statistical programs and other tools (SAS, Python, R, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of Nielsen, and other content and audience measurement services and tools (comScore, Tubular, Omniture, Gracenote)
- Demonstrated experience developing advanced analytics deliverables
- Ability to build trust and partnerships across various teams and functions with strong influencing and change management skills
- Outstanding communication skills – written, oral, presentation and storytelling
- Superior strategic problem solving and analytical skills; including talent for developing hypotheses, designing analytic plans, analyzing data, drawing key insights and developing clear recommendations
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including Macro creation and modification; Proficient with PowerPoint, Keynote
- Ability to be flexible, adapting to changing priorities and able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Excels in a collaborative environment
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for solving problems and answering challenging questions, while maintaining superior attention to detail and accuracy
- A minimum of 7 years’ of experience working within data analytics
- Prior experience in linear TV or streaming content analytics is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Degree in Economics, Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, or equivalent/related degree is preferred
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.