Sr Manager, Content Security Creation & Delivery
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 800544BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 14, 2021
The Walt Disney Studios includes Lucasfilm, Pixar, Walt Disney Animation, 20th Century Studios, Searchlight, Walt Disney Pictures, and Marvel Studios. The Content Security team supports these studios in protecting content creation through effective problem-solving, authentic partnerships, and technical expertise. Our team drives towards goals that include: a. fostering a culture of content security b. eliminating the risk of content leaks and c. tailoring security solutions to meet our partners’ needs. Our clients are the Studio production divisions and the Operations, Marketing, Distribution, Franchise, and Technology groups that create beloved content and bring it to audiences globally.
Are you passionate about addressing complex challenges and finding lasting solutions? Are you familiar with digital media supply chains? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment when a process is working as planned, and a product succeeds in reaching its intended customers?
- This role will ensure that all new titles, regardless of content production division, get handled securely through their high security pre-release windows from post production through distribution
- This role will serve as a key Content Security point of contact with business units within Studios, Media & Entertainment Distribution, and associated consumer platforms
- Ensure that security strategy for Studio titles accounts for release plans and supply chain needs
- Establish working relationship with business units responsible for creating, finishing, localizing, packaging, marketing, and delivering studio content and ensure workflow details are documented
- Develop and maintain relationship with business and technical owners of consumer-facing distribution platform processes
- Serve as subject matter expert about content distribution platforms for all upstream business and technical stakeholders within Studios
- Liaise with CS team subject matter experts across security ops, app & cloud security, vendor audit, policy and risk, and media security to provide timely support
- Represent Studio security philosophy and strategy when collaborating with ops, marketing, and distribution stakeholders on plans for upcoming releases
- Capture inquiries, research solutions, precedents, policies, and unique risks before providing guidance
- Analyze current state processes, identify risks and pain points, and collaboratively develop process improvement solutions leveraging available technologies and processes
- 3-5 years of experience in film/television post production audio/video, media engineering, content operations, media asset management, or management consulting
- Experience supporting the creation and/or distribution of high budget content distributed by major studios, networks, and streaming services
- Awareness of key film and TV operations processes, including localization, mastering, and media packaging for consumer streaming applications
- Knowledge of technical concepts for delivery, processing, and playout of streaming services
- Experience adhering to or enforcing content security best practices in the workplace
- Ability to embrace change and ambiguity in an evolving industry
- Ability to provide polished and timely support to internal partners
- Integrity and a desire to address risks and issues
- A genuine passion for media and entertainment and a concern for the security of creative works
Required EducationBachelor's degree in Film/TV, Audio/Video engineering, industrial engineering, business administration, communications, liberal arts, social sciences, or related field and/or relevant experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.