Sr. Manager, Creative Strategy (Disney+ Creative Marketing)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 768605BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 09, 2020
The Sr. Manager, Creative Strategy is responsible for crafting creative strategy and planning for brand and content marketing campaigns. The position reports to Director, Creative Strategy and Campaign Management and will be instrumental in developing global brand strategy and creative planning. This individual will scope and plan marketing campaigns to shape the launch of the Star brand on Disney+.
- Develop global creative strategy and campaign asset requirements, partnering with Creative Director to build creative materials
- Closely track title offering and timing by market to determine positioning and core messaging
- Partner with Research to identify key insights to influence strategic planning
- Build a deep understanding of each iteration of the Star and Disney+ brands by territory, translating local positioning and usage into considerations for the development of the Global Brand
- Consult on local marketing activations as needed
- Prepare creative briefs and other strategy materials to initiate and direct creative and campaign development
- Manage master brand strategy toolkit including the Global Brand Book and Creative Guardrails
- Experience with marketing creative and campaign concepting
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly
- Demonstrated success collaborating across a global organization and partnering with people who are experts in their fields
- Track record of creating brand and content marketing, driving awareness and engagement
- Keen eye for detail and ability to direct agencies and internal teams in a proactive, productive, and positive manner
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and within a matrixed reporting environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure successful interactions, strong working relationships and the ability to interface with varied levels of management, peers, and partners across varying teams
- Highly collaborative creative sensibility, with ability to be open minded to feedback and always seek out the best idea, not just one’s own idea
- Understanding and open-mindedness to data and analytics helping guide creative choices
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple creative and executive stakeholders and come from a place of “yes”
- Minimum 7 years of entertainment marketing experience or related experience leading and developing cross-channel campaigns
- Worked at either a studio, network, or agency environment with an extensive knowledge of the layers and processes behind creative marketing
- Understanding the business necessities of a startup/launch property – experience defining and creating new systems or processes
- Experience with streaming platform marketing – how a DTC product works and how to make effective marketing materials to drive engagement and subscriber growth
- Bachelor’s degree - preferably a degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.