Sr Manager, Data Science
Seattle, Washington, United States / New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 921047BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Job Summary:We are looking for a Senior Manager of Data Science to join our Data & Intelligence team in the DMED Technology’s Content Platforms group.
This role will join a team of engineering and product managers to deliver the world’s most innovative, automated, and technologically advanced content supply chain through the integration of advanced and predictive analytics.
The Senior Manager of Data Scientist will develop a rich understanding of how content is created, managed, and distributed and how users interact with our content supply chain. The Senior Manager will define problems gathered from stakeholders, define experimentation setups, research data driven solutions to the problems identified, provide technical mentorship to the data science team and communicate results to stakeholders.
- Serve as a thought leader and mentor to the team. Encourage and set the example for collaboration across functions. Forge effective relationships with business partners and peers in other disciplines.
- Design and implement models and methodologies on variety of datasets to achieve operational excellence and personalization efforts for our product lineup.
- Deliver and manage data-driven business-changing capabilities that businesses and other Analytics & Data Science teams can leverage.
- Continuously drive toward efficiency by simplifying and automating where possible, eliminating redundancy across the organization, refining metrics, and building new reports as needed to support decision-making.
- Make strategic recommendations on data collection, integration and retention incorporating business requirements and knowledge of best practices.
- Assure quality and accuracy of deliverables through thorough interaction with business partners to understand and refine requirements and adherence to privacy, governance standards, and quantitative practices.
- 10+ years of experience leading teams and mentoring teammates
- 10+ years of business-facing experience that includes building relationships with new business partners
- Proven excellence in leading and contributing to Data Science projects in a commercial setting
- Experience in delivering executive-level presentations
- Experience in leading discovery processes with stakeholders to identify business requirements and expected outcomes
- Capability to educate the organization both from the technical and business perspectives on new approaches, such as testing hypotheses and statistical validation of results
- Demonstrate the following scientist qualities: clarity, accuracy, precision, relevance, depth, breadth, logic, significance, fairness, and aptitude for original research
- Comfortable working in a team environment using Agile methodologies
- Expert level in online model development and testing applied to one or more of those fields: anomaly detection, data drift detection, time series forecasting, recommender systems.
- Strong working knowledge of statistical frameworks (Pandas, NumPy/SciPy, scikit-learn) (5+ years)
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning frameworks (PyTorch, TensorFlow) (3+ years)
- Expert level in advanced analytics and statistical modeling
- Expert level on experiment setup, A/B testing and results interpretation
- Experience monitoring the full life cycle of models
- Mastery in data augmentation techniques
- Mastery in SQL and experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with ETL pipelines
- Experience with distributed processing relevant technologies like Kafka and Hadoop
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- Experience in Supply Chain Management
- Experience working in Media
Required EducationEconomics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning
Preferred EducationEconomics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.