Sr Manager, Employee Communications - ASPIREApply Now Apply Later Job ID 726174BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 10, 2020
The ideal candidate possesses a marketing and communications mindset with creative marketing capabilities, excellent communication skills, is highly organized, and has the ability to project manage, plan and track multiple projects autonomously while meeting deadlines, and with a positive attitude. Candidate will also have experience/mindset for results-oriented work that is focused on impact and measurable results. Relationship skills are paramount as multiple perspectives and key data points from across businesses must be considered and implemented into the marketing and communications strategy for Disney Aspire. This role works with multiple in-house teams and will manage external agencies on a day to day basis. Position is based in Burbank, California.
This role will be a mix of internal and external corporate communications with an added focus on the marketing of the program.
- Determine Aspire communications priorities and allocate resources accordingly -- Drive the full lifecycle of marketing and communications by: creating and developing marketing/comms. plans and priorities based on program and business priorities, determining KPI’s and executing against them, measure and adjust
- Responsible for all Aspire marketing and communications project management, including planning & execution; setting direction and determining priorities for outside agencies and manage them; set agenda for Aspire marketing/communications with other Disney business segment communications partners.
- Manage day to day brand, marketing and communications work with HR Communications & Strategy team, in-house creative and communications partners and external creative agencies towards a seamless and integrated marketing campaign; ensuring creative is well aligned to strategy; consult on best practices by platform
- Serves as day-to-day communications & marketing subject matter expert for Aspire program team/advise and consult
- Create marketing and communication assets including overall Disney Aspire narrative (evolve and adjust as needed), key messages (across multiple platforms) and editorial/social media content; oversee the production and usage of creative assets like videos, graphics and presentations
- Manage external agencies and partners
- Work closely with Disney’s Learning & Development and Talent Solutions teams to gather program information and updates, including data analysis efforts to integrate and adjust into enterprise communications and strategy.
- Integrate stories and messaging into other site/segment/company communication plans to reinforce efforts and initiatives.
- In partnership with our people insights team, provide message delivery analysis, optimizations/rationale, ROI, and insights for campaigns
- Measure effectiveness of marketing and communications plans, strategies and efforts; pivot and adjust based on results and findings
- Stay on top of industry trends to inform communications direction and advise/make recommendations to Aspire program team and senior leaders
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Candidates must have proficient experience demonstrating career growth and progression to be held individually accountable for large scale communications and/or marketing strategies within agency and/or corporate environment, or mix of both
- Content development experience with emphasis on creative/marketing/public relations; excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and share new and creative ideas
- Ability to translate complex industry-specific information into consumable communications for various audiences.
- Demonstrated previous experience working with senior level executives; executive presence and discretion
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, environment and manage multiple deadlines and tasks
- Innate sense of urgency with proven ability to work quickly, manage and reconcile multiple priorities and communicate updates effectively while under pressure
- Well organized and trustworthy with a high level of discretion
- Manages and persuades through influence
- Social media marketing experience
- Limited Travel
- Agency experience and/or managing agency experience (PR and/or marketing firms)
- Previous experience with Human Resources Communications Programs
- Mix of both internal and external communications
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited University or equivalent experience
- Preferred degree in communications, journalism, marketing, English/creative writing
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.