Sr Manager Film ArchiveApply NowApply Later Job ID 961906BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Apr. 20, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
Disney Digital Studio Services has an immediate need for a Senior Manager: Film Archive, Film Services, and Filmmaker Deliverables on our Operations team located in Burbank, California.
Performs all tasks related to overseeing the staff and operations for the Motion Picture Studio Film Archive, Studio Film Services and Studio Filmmaker Deliverable departments. Role focuses on the storage, preservation and servicing of all assets stored in the Studio Film Archive vaults including the studio crown jewels. Role also includes Security management oversight for Disney Digital Studio Services to ensure security expectations are met utilizing metrics and risk assessment.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities at the Disney Film Archives, Disney Film Services and Disney Filmmaker Deliverables.
- Establish and execute department procedures and priorities while effectively leading a team.
- Lead weekly status meetings with department leads to review projects, determine priority, and confirm staffing and supplies are sufficient for work in progress.
- Partner with Studio Archivist on continual review and creation of asset preservation environment and policies to assure best practices are followed to protect studio assets.
- Primary point of contact for MPFA security and environmental issue escalation.
- Strategize future policy around asset storage management.
- Provide department and security metrics to executive leadership as required.
- Partner with key process owners to review current risk assessments related to business continuity and address any issues.
- Engage cross functional partners within Studio and DMED to develop procedures in support of asset archive strategy and facility management.
- 10 years’ experience in archive management inclusive of 5 years of team management.
- Ability to supervise multiple projects and people in a fast paced environment
- Strategic thinker with the ability to be flexible as the role requires
- Access to and knowledge of archival vendors, systems, and peer community.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to think outside of the box and look for future archival technology strategies.
- Willingness to contribute effectively and transparently; adapting and embracing change with enthusiasm.
- Develop, hire and train new team members.
- Understanding of financial budgets.
- Work independently as well as take direction from others
- Earn the trust and respect of colleagues, partners, and customers
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Build relationships that advance the goals of the team
- Treat others with respect
- Support change and an environment of continuous improvement
- Deliver timely, high quality work
- Masters in Library & Information Sciences is a plus.
- Strong understanding of digital asset management systems.
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 Quality Assurance and/or ISO 27001 Security methodologies a plus.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.