Sr Manager, Finance & PlanningApply NowApply Later Job ID 869834BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Oct. 06, 2021
Reports To: Director, Finance
The Senior Manager, Finance & Planning will work within the Finance and Studio Strategy function at Walt Disney Animation Studios. The Senior Manager will work closely with DMED Finance, Controllership, WDAS Vancouver Finance as well as other stakeholders across The Walt Disney Company. This position plays a key leadership role within WDAS Finance with a focus on FP&A and helping build the finance process and reporting within our Vancouver studio.
- Lead Company driven financial processes and presentations, including but not limited to the Five Year Plan (Long Range Plan), Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and forecast updates
- Drive the forecast and strategy discussions with the WDAS Overhead and Technology teams
- Drive the consolidation, detailed review and approval process for capital and headcount requests
- Work closely with the Finance team at Walt Disney Animation Studios (Vancouver) to establish consistency in reporting, planning and communication
- Partner with the Vancouver Finance team in calculating tax incentives as well as providing detailed cash flow forecasts to Treasury
- Partner with Controllership in driving the quarter and fiscal year end close processes
- Partner with the WDAS Executive team to understand key business drivers as well as helping identify any risks or opportunities
- Work collaboratively with Studio department leaders on studio planning scenarios and analysis that align with financial objectives and resource planning
- Lead, develop and motivate a team of Finance professionals
- Perform ad hoc projects at the request of Studio senior management
- Gracious and effective leader who inspires and motivates
- Proven track record at developing and managing teams in a fast-paced and inclusive environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarize ideas and succinctly present to senior leadership
- 7+ years of experience
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams across various functions
- SAP and Cognos TM1 experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required (emphasis in Accounting and/or Finance preferred)
- Graduate degree in Business, Accounting and/or Finance preferred
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.